Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

fcicconi
Topic Author

check page x3

14 May 2015, 06:48

Hallo, I'm new o x3- In the check page, safe mode is on and it is to be off. How can I do this? "Mod deflate"and "Open Basedir" are Orange how can I do? Thank a lot. Fabrizio.
The mail test make this error:
Result:
Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The fifth parameter is disabled in SAFE MODE in /home/fabrizio/public_html/x3/check/index.php on line 1229
Server mail() fail.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: check page x3

15 May 2015, 01:59

First of all, unless you own your own server, you need to ask your host to disable SAFE_MODE. This feature has nothing to do on a commercial web host that you are paying for, and basically it blocks most applications from doing anything functional. Furthermore, SAFE_MODE was deprecated in PHP version 5.3.0, which was launched 6 years ago!

Mod deflate isn't critical, but without it, your server will not be able to compress text-based output (text, css, js etc).

Open Basedir should not be critical either, although it may create some "warnings" that it cannot remove some files from the cache.

All these settings need to be changed by those who control your server, likely your host. My only observation from this, is that you are on a very poor host. Either it is 3$-hosting, or you should not be putting your website in the hands of such a host.

fcicconi
Topic Author

15 May 2015, 03:06

5€ a month... :D .
But they are very good for resolve any problem,

Do you think that if I put the website on cluodflare it work better?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 May 2015, 05:17

fcicconi wrote:5€ a month... :D .
But they are very good for resolve any problem,
:) Hopefully they can resolve the problem of SAFE_MODE then. This is not an environment any application can operate within if it is to save data from the panel. You could perhaps get it to work by managing all files only by FTP, as well as editing the page.yml files manually.
fcicconi wrote:Do you think that if I put the website on cluodflare it work better?
Cloudflare will solve MOD_DEFLATE, and automatically compress outputs for you. However, it will not solve server-technical issues from the host that has SAFE_MODE and OPEN_BASEDIR restriction.

Did you try the gallery though? I am not 100% sure the implications of having SAFE_MODE, but I assume there may be some unsolvable issues ... most likely, you won't be able to make changes from the admin panel.

fcicconi
Topic Author

15 May 2015, 06:47

Hallo, my server resoved the Safe mode problem, but for the other MOD DEFLATE and OPEN BASEDIR write:

In place of the mod_deflate you can set a cache of file system: the performance will be the same if not better, since the CPU will not have to compress the files to every request.

Cloudflare work with my server? or I've to transfer the dominio in cloudflare?

fcicconi
Topic Author

15 May 2015, 08:30

I've some problem the panel configuration too:-) :-(

it will probably be better if I wait the final version...
I've seen some website, One above all, very good. But don't find no more the x3 example.
Could you tell me where can I find some website make with X3?
Thank you!

zuro
Experienced

15 May 2015, 12:15

fcicconi wrote:Could you tell me where can I find some website make with X3?
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8317

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 May 2015, 02:22

fcicconi wrote:In place of the mod_deflate you can set a cache of file system: the performance will be the same if not better, since the CPU will not have to compress the files to every request.
The person who tells you this basically does not know what he is talking about. Imagevue X3 uses a CACHE system AND mod_deflate, and they have nothing to do with each other. For example, when loading the main X3 CSS file from YOUR server, it will load at 130KB, while those servers who have gzip compression (mod_deflate), will server the same file at ~40kb, regardless of "file cache system". Almost all professional hosts have this feature now, and it should really be an obligatory part of the internet.

Unfortunately, there is a reason why cheap servers are cheap. How important is your website for you and your visitors? For the price of +1 beer / month, you can upgrade your host to a truly professional service that cares about your visitors.
fcicconi wrote:Cloudflare work with my server? or I've to transfer the dominio in cloudflare?
Yes it will work, and no need to transfer anything. It will provide some performance benefits, but it is still your host that handles the X3 application.
fcicconi wrote:I've some problem the panel configuration too:-) :-(
Can't help if you can't describe the problem ...
fcicconi wrote:Could you tell me where can I find some website make with X3?
As noted by zuro, you can find some examples here:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8317

fcicconi
Topic Author

18 May 2015, 06:48

the problem with Panel control is that is empty... http://www.fabriziocicconi.it/x3/panel/
probably I wrong something in the configuration of config PHP file
// NO-DB main admin
define("SECRET_KEY", "secretKey"); // li.....
define("USERNAME", "admin"); // Change from “fabrizio”.
define("PASSWORD", md5("admin")); // Change from “.......”.
define("FIRSTNAME", "First");
define("LASTNAME", "Last");
define("EMAIL", "info@fabriziocicconi.it;
define("ID", 1); // Leave as is.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 May 2015, 15:19

Code
define("EMAIL", "info@fabriziocicconi.it;
It is very important that code is not broken, and you need to be careful when editing code.. It should be like this:
Code
define("EMAIL", "info@fabriziocicconi.it");

fcicconi
Topic Author

25 May 2015, 04:20

Hallo,

it doesn't work

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 May 2015, 05:01

fcicconi wrote:it doesn't work
Your last config was broken, I don't know if you have fixed it or not. You can't just post "It doesn't work" if you want me to help ... If you provide me with FTP info in PM, I can take a look for you ...

All people who had problems before, either hadn't updated all files, or had corrupted their own config.php files like you have in your posted example.