X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

EHRETic
Experienced
Topic Author

Site not accessible behind secured proxy

01 Apr 2015, 10:28

Hello there,

I've an issue since the 0.9 update. I didn't notice it before, but my website is now not working anymore since I've migrated to the latest version.

Reason is : flamepix domain is cathegorized as a parked domain and is in fact blocked. I though everything would be hosted on my server but the x3.m,in.js is referring to outside, and filtered out (see screenshot)

Is there any way to have that fixed ? Because there is no way I can justify the re-categorization, and all providers using the same filtering method would also have the same behavior.

A temporary manual fix with some code modification would also be appreciated... ;-)
Attachments
X3 problem.png
Error message & cathegorization
X3 problem.png (12.44 KiB) Viewed 5527 times

Martin
Experienced

Re: Site not accessible behind secured proxy

01 Apr 2015, 12:08

EHRETic wrote:...but my website is now not working anymore since I've migrated to the latest version.
No problems here with you site... works perfectly.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Apr 2015, 13:10

That is quite interesting, although somebody on the internet is not doing their job properly. What do you see when you access the URL directly?
http://x3-cdn.flamepix.com/js/0.9/x3.min.js

If you are getting blocked or some permission denied, your DNS must be very outdated or misconfigured. The URL above is basically the CDN (content delivery network) version of the core X3 script. It is very beneficial to deliver it from the CDN, because it will deliver faster to all your viewers, from a close location, compressed, and chance is it is already cached.

However, we have taken precautions, because we expected some users would refuse to allow remote javascript loaded into their website for reasons of privacy.

Fix 1
The above CDN url x3-cdn.flamepix.com basically points to our current Cloudfront CDN d30xwzl2pxzvti.cloudfront.net. You can there change the cdn_core in your settings to the following:
Code
server:
  cdn_core: //d30xwzl2pxzvti.cloudfront.net
Fix 2
If for some illogical reason the above does not work, you can disable the CDN option entirely, and load the X3 core JS from your local distribution:
Code
server:
  cdn_core: false 
With the above, you will lose the numerous benefits of using the CDN version of course.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Apr 2015, 13:14

Btw, your website still works nicely from here also ... must be something on your specific internet.

EHRETic
Experienced
Topic Author

01 Apr 2015, 17:11

Clearly it is special because I do such troubleshooting for other persons in the company, but even if I manage the system, I can't justify it with my own IT management (Yes : I work in IT !!!) :P
Our proxy is connecting to a outside database hold by another provider and if the category doesn't match the ones that are allowed for my user, it blocks it.

The DNS flamepix is blocked because it's a parked domain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_parking) and this is probably a category that is blocked for every user.

I'll try to change the options tomorrow at work and see if I can fix it and still get the benefit of it.
I'll let you know ! Many thanks again for the very great support ! ;-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Apr 2015, 00:07

EHRETic wrote:The DNS flamepix is blocked because it's a parked domain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_parking) and this is probably a category that is blocked for every user.
Who says it is a parked domain? It is clearly not a parked domain, although like thousands of other domains, it may have been for a brief moment in time. Besides, even if it was parked, why would someone block access to it? To me, this is just unprofessional aspects of the internet, but we have to accept that stuff like this exists in some pockets of the www!

You should be able to hotfix it by using the cloudfront link ...

EHRETic
Experienced
Topic Author

02 Apr 2015, 02:54

mjau-mjau wrote: Who says it is a parked domain? It is clearly not a parked domain, although like thousands of other domains, it may have been for a brief moment in time. Besides, even if it was parked, why would someone block access to it? To me, this is just unprofessional aspects of the internet, but we have to accept that stuff like this exists in some pockets of the www!

You should be able to hotfix it by using the cloudfront link ...
What would be the cathegory then ? I can try to change... ;-)

EHRETic
Experienced
Topic Author

02 Apr 2015, 04:13

BTW : the change with d30xwzl2pxzvti.cloudfront.net did the trick ! ;-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Apr 2015, 10:19

EHRETic wrote:BTW : the change with d30xwzl2pxzvti.cloudfront.net did the trick ! ;-)
Good!
EHRETic wrote:What would be the cathegory then ? I can try to change... ;-)
I never heard of these "categories" before ... https://flamepix.com is an operative website and http://x3-cdn.flamepix.com/ is an operative subdomain used as a CDN. Why someone would need to categorize the domains and then block them doesn't make sense!

EHRETic
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Apr 2015, 11:16

I'll try to now what's behind our proxy provider. I know it's another system, but I don't which one... ;-)