X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

dark-rebel
Experienced
Topic Author

Highlight Topic from subpage

25 Feb 2015, 03:23

Hi,

i don't know if this is a possible new feature or if i am just to stupid to use the right settings:

If i structure my website like this:
1. Home
2. about
3. portfolio
3.1 people
3.2 travel
3.2.1. Africa
3.2.2. America
3.3 sports
4. events
5. contact

I have the problem, when i access a page on a lower sublevel eg. 3.1. or 3.2.1 or so i loose the highlighting of the menu iteam i am currently below.

It would be nice if there is a chance to implement an option in the settings of the subpage to still highlight the main item in the menu.
So if i choose a gallery in portfolio that portfolio is still highlightes in the menu.

Any ideas or thoughts how to solve that?

Thanks,
Stefan

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Highlight Topic from subpage

25 Feb 2015, 04:16

May I see a link to your gallery?

Regardless of your structure, which seems fine to me, there is still a class that sets "active" on the top parent of the currently selected folder also. I would like to see why it is not working for you. This is a bit complex, so I am wondering if it could be your naming structure that is breaking it somehow ...

dark-rebel
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Feb 2015, 04:42

Here we go:
http://dark-rebel.de/test2/

Karl, i am always surprised about your fast response! That feels very good! :-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Feb 2015, 05:39

Technically, it is still working ... However, I am wondering what skin is that? Did you make some CSS changes somewhere? Twilight does not have a light background ...

dark-rebel
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Feb 2015, 07:39

I adjusted the twighlight theme (replaced the background color) and removed the asteriks since i was not able to copy that theme and integrate it new in the styler drop down.
I have not found the part in the general settings to replace the theme color with own background color for the menu layer.

Should not be an inpact on that sub-highlighting, isn't it?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Feb 2015, 10:37

dark-rebel wrote:I adjusted the twighlight theme (replaced the background color) and removed the asteriks since i was not able to copy that theme and integrate it new in the styler drop down.
Why not add your custom styles to /custom/css/ from the panel instead? They will overwrite what is added from the official skins, and you will be able to upgrade without problems.
dark-rebel wrote:I have not found the part in the general settings to replace the theme color with own background color for the menu layer.
There is no setting for background, unless you use custom css. We already provide 7 skins (white,light,dark,black and more), which should give good options as a base ... The "white" skin even has the background that you have set! What I don't understand, is that you have chosen TWILIGHT skin, changed to WHITE background, when there already exists a skin called WHITE with a white background!

If you really really need to customize the skin CSS, that is fine, but at least you should choose the base skin that has similar background and foreground color as you are targeting. If you change a dark bg to white bg, relationships between colors are broken.

In my opinion, your pages have misplaced colors and contrasts now, because you changed a dark-bg skin to light bg ... The text is too light, the separator is too dark, the frame color is too strong ... all because those colors are made in the skin to suit the dark background of twilight. Just my opinions of course!
dark-rebel wrote:Should not be an inpact on that sub-highlighting, isn't it?
I can't quite pinpoint it, but it certainly can have an effect if you are changing colors, because the "active" class is VERY soft, and may have been washed out somehow. As you can see in the other unedited skins, for example the WHITE skin, the "active" class is working:

Martin
Experienced

25 Feb 2015, 13:12

mjau-mjau wrote:
dark-rebel wrote:
dark-rebel wrote:Should not be an inpact on that sub-highlighting, isn't it?
I can't quite pinpoint it, but it certainly can have an effect if you are changing colors, ....
If I use the styler on dark-rebel's site and choose a different skin, the highlighting of the menu-item is still there.
So, it has something to do with the changing of the skin/colors.