Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Max Bugno
Topic Author

Taking out post dates

24 Feb 2015, 06:44

Hi Karl,

I know that is something probably very easy to solve, but I cannot find how to take out the update time
from the folder description. Here an example:

http://www.bugnoartgallery.com/contemporary/Gavin-Rain/

Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Taking out post dates

24 Feb 2015, 08:22

The item that displays the date, is in fact a subfolder "Biography" of the current page, thus it is a setting in the folders: setting. Do you have any "date" setting in there somewhere? If not, try this:
Code
folders: items:title,preview
Personally, I find this navigation a bit confusing ... I don't see why you have a clickable biography link inside the artists gallery page ... it is not intuitive. If you must have multiple pages for an artist, it would probably be better to put the gallery on a sub page also, instead of having the bio inside the gallery. Just my thoughts!

Gavin Rain > Gallery
Gavin Rain > Biography

Max Bugno
Topic Author

24 Feb 2015, 11:13

Thanks Karl, it worked.

I had no date setting anywhere both in the folder settings nor in the general settings, but it was always appearing.
Thanks for the input of the multiple sections, I will work on that.

Massimiliano

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Feb 2015, 21:33

Max Bugno wrote:I had no date setting anywhere both in the folder settings nor in the general settings, but it was always appearing.
I believe we have date set to display by default, that is why you need to override it.

TIP: If you navigate to panel->settings, you can set default page settings for changes you want to apply to all pages and modules:
Code
# DEFAULT PAGE SETTINGS, will only apply if not defined on page.
page:
  body		: 
  menu		: 
  layout	: text-center
  context	: 
  gallery	: 
  folders	: 
  search	:
  disqus	:
  content	:

# INCLUDE PAGE SETTINGS, will be applied in addition to individual page settings.
include		:
  body		: 
  menu		: 
  layout	: 
  context	: 
  gallery	: 
  folders	:
  search	:
  disqus	:
  content	:
The top PAGE items, will be set as DEFAULT if you have not added anything at all to a specific page setting in the page. The INCLUDE items, are settings that can be added in ADDITION to the settings you add directly to the page.