Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

localhost
Experienced
Topic Author

Submenu too small

23 Feb 2015, 08:22

Hey Karl, pardon me but where can I change the settings for the submenu? I would like to adjust the size of the submenu at almost the same size of the main menu. Thanks

Please see attach image file
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.21 KiB) Viewed 4083 times

localhost
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Submenu too small

24 Feb 2015, 03:14

Anyone else experiencing the same issue using the 0.9 beta? If yes how did you managed to fix it. Thanks... it's bugging me

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Feb 2015, 09:03

I am not sure why this is an "issue", but we can't and won't be including style/color/size/family/background setting for every single of the 1000s of items in X3, including the submenu items you are specifically referring to for that specific font combo you are using. Also, different fonts are different sizes relatively speaking, so one font may be smaller than another relative to the base design.

You are using the sidebar layout? You can amend font settings slightly with the FONT settings
https://www.photo.gallery/x3docs/settings/font/

If you want precision control of the fonts, you would have to add your own CSS to the custom/css/ section, but of course, that requires some knowledge of using CSS

This isn't an "issue", and I am not sure why you are referring to it as one.

localhost
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Feb 2015, 02:53

No not an issue Karl... just couldn't have the right word for it :P

What I am trying to say is, there is no different settings for the submenu on the sidebar. And it is Font inherent size thingy.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Feb 2015, 04:12

Do you have a link to this layout? ... or did you change it already?

There are many reasons the fonts in top-level menu may seem bigger, because in the default font settings, we set certain defaults. For instance, in your case, I see the top-level was set to UPPERCASE, which makes it seem much bigger that the other levels ... In fact, top-level is only 5% bigger than sublevel items ... You can easily equalize the difference by removing the uppercase setting sidebar:uppercase ... or you can set uppercase for the entire menu instead menu:uppercase.

I believe when you do this, the menu items will be almost the same, perhaps just a ting size difference. If you still want to equalize to the exact same size, you would need to use custom CSS:
Code
body[class*='sidebar'] .nav>.menu li li>a {
  font-size: .85rem;
}
By default, without difference in cAsE, font size difference is tiny:

localhost
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Feb 2015, 05:42

Yes, I changed the layout already. I remove the sub-menu instead (menu : hideChildren) and change a completely different font.

The Custom CSS code you posted will be beneficial. I will try to go back to my previous settings and will experiment more. Thanks Karl