Search…

fotofeeling
Topic Author

some question from a beginner about 0.9

20 Feb 2015, 11:25

Hi Karl,
some more questions about beta 09:

I play here with the new gallery: http://www.fotofeeling.com/x3/
There are only pictures in "Tiere/Tiere Südamerikas/Galapagosinseln" in the moment

How can I remove the overlay “0 images” when I start the gallery with the home button.
There are more folders with subfolders and pictures in the structure.

How can I replace or hide the overlay logo from Imagevue when I´m with mouse over the gallery?

How can I add a logo / Banner in the header? I copied a picture in the header folder, but I can´t display the Logo.
Can I add a logo also in the footer? How does it work?

Can I add only in the popup picture a title/description and not in the gallery overview over the small pictures?
If no, when can we expect this function?

Is it possible to integrate panoramapictures with Zoomify in the gallery?
Or can I have a work around and show the "small pictures" in the gallery and when I klick on the picture, I forward it to my big Zoomify pictures?

Thanks for your help

Christian

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: some question from a beginner about 0.9

20 Feb 2015, 12:26

fotofeeling wrote:How can I remove the overlay “0 images” when I start the gallery with the home button.
Remove the folders: caption-bottom setting.
fotofeeling wrote:How can I replace or hide the overlay logo from Imagevue when I´m with mouse over the gallery?
Remove the any "caption-hover" setting.
fotofeeling wrote:How can I add a logo / Banner in the header? I copied a picture in the header folder, but I can´t display the Logo.
Can I add a logo also in the footer? How does it work?
You can add images to the header and/or footer, but there is no magic wand when it comes to adding custom html. Aren't you using 0.9? Then you should be copying your logo image into the custom/LOGO/ folder (not header). If you want to add images to the footer, you basically need to add some html code. Let's get it working in header first?
fotofeeling wrote:Can I add only in the popup picture a title/description and not in the gallery overview over the small pictures?
If no, when can we expect this function?
Yes. It seems you are copying settings from the examples, and in the process, copying over a lot of example settings for various layout modifications that are not default. For example, for your gallery pages, it seems you have gallery: items:title,preview or something? I need to see what settings you have applied, but in general, you should perhaps use less settings in your pages, and instead add them as needed?
fotofeeling wrote:Is it possible to integrate panoramapictures with Zoomify in the gallery?
Zoomify some 3rd party plugin? I quickly checked it, and could not see anything I liked, but there may be other demonstrations. We will definitely be adding improved support for panoramas, but this is not available as of yet.
fotofeeling wrote:Or can I have a work around and show the "small pictures" in the gallery and when I klick on the picture, I forward it to my big Zoomify pictures?
Your zoomify pictures? Is this something you already have, or you want X3 to be able to user some 3rd party plugin called zoomify?

fotofeeling
Topic Author

20 Feb 2015, 14:16

Thanks for your help.
I´m playing with the codes from the example site. I will clean the settings on the sites.

I have here all my zoomify panoramas.
http://www.fotofeeling.com/panorama_bilder/index.php

A link from the preview picture in a imagevue gallery to the big pictures will be helpful.

Thank you

Christian

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Feb 2015, 22:35

fotofeeling wrote:I have here all my zoomify panoramas.
Ok, so I have tested this panorama thing, and located a link to a specific panorama here:
http://www.fotofeeling.com/panorama_bil ... nd/B05.htm ... I don't really understand the huge benefit of this module. The only thing it allows me to do, is zoom in on an over-sized image. Also, you are aware this page is total 3.1MB and a whopping 103 requests? Not very friendly, certainly not if you force it upon mobile users, where it does not really work very well.
fotofeeling wrote:A link from the preview picture in a imagevue gallery to the big pictures will be helpful.
Although I would not personally recommend the above, and it would require you to add links to each image manually, I agree this should be made possible. Unfortunately, you cannot currently hard-wire the links to images to point to an entirely different link.

For now, why not just link to this document from the top of the page?

Furthermore, you could add the images/links manually into an X3 page, exactly like you have done in that page, but it would be a manual process nevertheless.