X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

dsellung
Experienced
Topic Author

Images not displayed in Vertical Layout

18 Feb 2015, 10:39

http://dominiksellung.de/X3test/galleries/darkskye/

I wanted to use the vertical layout for this folder. But somehow it doesn't show all 4 images in there, only the one you can see. No matter how I name them and no matter how I sort them.

I copied the code from my "mono" folder, which uses the same layout. In that folder everything is working fine.
Code
title 		: dark skye
label		: dark skye
description	: Isle of Skye, Scotland. Mysterious and inspiring.
date		: 
image		: 
menu		: 
body		: 
layout		: narrow
context		: separator
folders		: 
gallery		: frame hover text-center scrollnav landscape items:preview assets:galleries/darkskye title-small
content		: |
Does anybody know, what causes this?

Thank you!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Images not displayed in Vertical Layout

18 Feb 2015, 10:46

Wow, awesome photos! I would need to have panel access to know for sure, but here are some guesses:

1) You have set "landscape", which means it will ONLY show images with landscape aspect ratio (> 1:1). If the other images are portrait-aspect, they will not display. I am guessing this is the problem ...

2) I am not sure why you have set assets:galleries/darkskye, because that is the same folder as you are working on. The assets setting is only required if you want to load images from a DIFFERENT folder! You can remove that ...

I know it is a bit hard to figure out settings at this stage ...

dsellung
Experienced
Topic Author

18 Feb 2015, 10:52

Thank you very much!

Exactly, no 1 was the point. :D Honestly, I don't understand most of the settings and just copy it. Plus I am not patient enough to read all the hints sometimes.. :roll:

Thanks that YOU are patient with me. :lol:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Feb 2015, 10:53

One more thing I noticed ... Your uploaded images are VERY VERY big, and I am surprised that your server has been able to resize them to smaller sizes. Currently, X3 does not resize the "original" to a "web friendly" format, so you should be uploading your "large" images resized to for example 2048px or 1600px ...

We hope to figure out some better solution for this, so you can just upload your original high-res images, and its taken care of, but there are some challenges ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Feb 2015, 11:20

mjau-mjau wrote:One more thing I noticed ... Your uploaded images are VERY VERY big, and I am surprised that your server has been able to resize them to smaller sizes. Currently, X3 does not resize the "original" to a "web friendly" format, so you should be uploading your "large" images resized to for example 2048px or 1600px ...

We hope to figure out some better solution for this, so you can just upload your original high-res images, and its taken care of, but there are some challenges ...
Your images are > 10MB and 4288 x 2848 px!

dsellung
Experienced
Topic Author

18 Feb 2015, 16:38

Thanks for the advice! I will resize them asap. I was just so excited that I forgot. :lol: