X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

EHRETic
Experienced
Topic Author

Blog style page and ordering

25 Jan 2015, 16:28

Hello there,

I'm wondering is there a way to create a blog page where posts would be ordered by date (latests on the top of course...

Would it be possible to use a special numbering ? It would it be possible with reverse date numbering (like 20150125.XXXXX), but folder ordering needs to be reversed...

Any possibility ? ;-)

EHRETic
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Blog style page and ordering

25 Jan 2015, 16:36

Never mind, I've open my eyes !

So the solution for the one who would also look :

number your folders like that : 20150123.XXXXXX

Use the tag "sort:desc" in the blog folders settings

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Jan 2015, 00:24

EHRETic wrote:Use the tag "sort:desc" in the blog folders settings
Exactly ... These things are up for being much improved and documented once other priorities are processed.

EHRETic
Experienced
Topic Author

26 Jan 2015, 12:31

Is there any way to limit the amount of items per "blog" page ? "limit:x" is limiting it, but there is no possibility to swith to the oldest items.

I'm afraid after too much articles that it slows down the load.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Jan 2015, 23:20

EHRETic wrote:Is there any way to limit the amount of items per "blog" page ? "limit:x" is limiting it, but there is no possibility to swith to the oldest items.
limit:x can limit the listing of items, while sort:desc reverses the listing order. You mean you want to limit the amount of items, but still be able to access older posts somehow?
EHRETic wrote:I'm afraid after too much articles that it slows down the load.
I don't think it will have much effect on page load, especially since the page gets cached and images in the page are only loaded on-scroll on-demand. I do agree that for functional reasons, it might not be a good idea with 100's of items on the same page. In most modern websites, that is often solved by "infinite scroll", where more items are loaded into viewport when scroll hits bottom of page ...

dark-rebel
Experienced

26 Feb 2015, 14:53

Would someone help me and post me the code of the blog subpages, maybe also how to include the commenting system (disqus)?

I like the style Karl used on his mjau mjau page! :-)

Thanks,
Stefan

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Feb 2015, 23:57

dark-rebel wrote:Would someone help me and post me the code of the blog subpages, maybe also how to include the commenting system (disqus)?
Hmm, I should perhaps include an example in the default examples ... The blog post layouts are pretty naked though. Here are some related settings from a mjau-mjau blog post:
Code
date: Feb 19 2015
layout: narrower separator disqus
context: text-center items:title,date,description,preview,content x3-hover-icon-primary crop:2,1
image: gallery/evening.jpg
Make sure to add tag "disqus" to the layout, so that it displays as a module. Also, the items: setting in context, decides the additional context items to display, and in which order.