Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

rokudamerlin
Experienced
Topic Author

cssgz

19 Jan 2015, 14:39

huh i want edit the color from orange to a other .. firebug say this is the css imagevue.skin.default.cssgz but i cant edit it .. can you give me a tip ?

thx
VektorStyle.de
Graphic - Web - Printdesign | X3

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: cssgz

19 Jan 2015, 23:11

rokudamerlin wrote:huh i want edit the color from orange to a other .. firebug say this is the css imagevue.skin.default.cssgz but i cant edit it .. can you give me a tip ?
:) This question fragments into multiple answers:

WHY you can't edit it, is simply because *.cssgz is a compressed css file, and therefore it is not editable. In next version of X3, we are moving away from pre-compressed css files, so you would be able to edit it.

However, even uncompressed, the css is still minified and largely complicated to edit. Besides, to change the primary color on all page elements, you would need to change a lot of styles. Uncompressed css version:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x3/public/css ... efault.css

Furthermore, if you are going to make custom changes to the page style, then it is not a good idea to edit the default x3 skins. Not only are they complicated to edit, but you will lose all changes when updating to newer versions of X3. The way to add CUSTOM css styles, is to add them to your own custom stylesheet ... You can simply add your styles from the panel > custom/css/, overwriting default X3 skin styles if you want!

More importantly, next version of X3 will have several new skins, and also include an easy way to set the "primary color" (which is normally a single strong color). Basically, you would be able to do something like this in settings
Code
design.skin = skinName color
The second setting accepts any color values, for example by name "FireBrick" or by HEX value #99CC00. I strongly suggest you at least wait for next release until you start looking into color fixes.

rokudamerlin
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: cssgz

20 Jan 2015, 04:08

thx for answer ;)

yes my first way was the https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x3/public/css ... efault.css to edit but the chances has not chance the color from the live site ..

a good idea is ..

add to the main settings in the panel a line for style (standart color) and the user can add a hex code (#FF000) and all links + logo + stripes+404 skull or other give in this color .. i mean this was a nice feature for later .. is easy and not all normal user must edit the css file ;)

greez
VektorStyle.de
Graphic - Web - Printdesign | X3