Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Golubovy
Topic Author

few question about content settings

18 Jan 2015, 15:23

Hello! I have few question about content settings.
1) How can I change links target (blank / in same window) in content?
2) Title and description is necessary to be viewed in content page for SEO, or I can hide it? And how can I hide title or description?
3) How can I change text align in content to left or justify?
Thanks ;)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: few question about content settings

19 Jan 2015, 00:00

Golubovy wrote:1) How can I change links target (blank / in same window) in content?
Are you using markdown to create links in your content, or plain html? You need to use html if you want to specify target:
Code
<a href="{ link }" target=_self>{ link text }</a>
<a href="{ link }" target=_blank>{ link text }</a>
Keep in mind, X3 will try to figure out your links automatically depending on if you are using absolute URLs "http://domain/path/" or relative URLs "/path/", which would allow it to load other X3 pages faster in Ajax mode.
Golubovy wrote:2) Title and description is necessary to be viewed in content page for SEO, or I can hide it? And how can I hide title or description?
You should always populate title and description for the sake of SEO, but you can hide them from displaying on the page. Use the page context setting to decide what context items to display. The default items are items:title,description,preview,content, but you can for example change it to items:content, excluding title and description:
Code
context: items:content
Golubovy wrote:3) How can I change text align in content to left or justify?
In your main settings, check at the bottom and you will likely see a setting "text-center", which aligns text to center globally. If you remove it, your text will align left by default. You can apply text-alignment settings "text-center", "text-left", "text-right" globally, or on a per-page basis, or even per module (layouts, context, gallery etc.).