X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

illunis
Experienced
Topic Author

Mail Settings missing?

16 Dec 2014, 03:40

I am using the latest v0.8 X3.

I went to setup the mail but the settings are nowhere to be found...

illunis
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Mail Settings missing?

16 Dec 2014, 05:16

Also, as you can see at the screenshot i have changed the message displayed at the main message area to "Your Message?" but when someone clicks on Contact the default message is still "What's Up?"

Do i have to change it somewhere else also?

Thanks.
Attachments
contact.jpg
contact.jpg (20.47 KiB) Viewed 6389 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Dec 2014, 05:57

illunis wrote:I went to setup the mail but the settings are nowhere to be found...
You are on the beta version, and as we add settings, you will need to deal with this manually ... X3 cannot automatically "fuse" your old settings file with the new settings file if you want to keep any changes your made. As specified in the release post, you need to copy-paste the new settings noted into your panel settings ... OR you can simply overwrite the settings file content/_shared.yml, but then you will need to re-apply any custom settings have have set.

We will try to figure better ways of deal with this in the future, but for now this is something you will have to deal with when updating beta versions.
illunis wrote:Also, as you can see at the screenshot i have changed the message displayed at the main message area to "Your Message?" but when someone clicks on Contact the default message is still "What's Up?"

Do i have to change it somewhere else also?
They are different contact forms, because the big one is part of the PAGE itself, and can be edited there (unless you used the [contact] shortcode). The WIDGET you edited in the menu is from the custom/widget.contact, and cannot be edited from any page since it is part of the global menu, and basically a special feature.

We will likely add an editor for the large contact field shortcode soon also ...

illunis
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Dec 2014, 06:48

I have missed the copy part !

OK...i have copied it and set it up.....At the CHECK page the Result is "It seems it can send" and i actually receive the email.

BUT..

if i use the contact form it fails...any ideas?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Dec 2014, 08:22

Link?

illunis
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Dec 2014, 08:29

www.mailme.gr

If u need access let me know.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Dec 2014, 12:15

Are you trying to send by SMTP or without though? We emphasize in the Mail Docs that you only set SMTP if you want to send by SMTP ... If your server doesn't require SMTP, then you should ignore them altogether.

I see you have populated SMTP settings, although your server can send without, and you have also skipped the SMTPSecure setting.

illunis
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Dec 2014, 12:35

hmmm....my provider says that SMTP IS required....let me check the SMTP secure setting that i indeed have skipped and i will get back to this.

illunis
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Dec 2014, 12:46

hmmmm....so...i activated also the SMTPSecure and tried both options but nothing changed and it failed.

then i disabled the SMTP and went at the CHECK page and it worked.....

i then tried from the contact page and it failed....

dunno....no matter what i do it fails with that BIG RED cross. :roll:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Dec 2014, 13:29

illunis wrote:then i disabled the SMTP and went at the CHECK page and it worked.....
If it works from the CHECK page, then your server does NOT require SMTP ... The check page doesn't have any SMTP integration at all! Interesting that your support would tell you anything else if it clearly works without smtp ...
illunis wrote:i then tried from the contact page and it failed....
Because you have different settings applied for X3 than what the CHECK page uses. I see you have removed SMTP now ... Try to set a FROM email that is on the domain mailme.gr.

illunis
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Dec 2014, 13:42

mjau-mjau wrote:
illunis wrote:then i disabled the SMTP and went at the CHECK page and it worked.....
If it works from the CHECK page, then your server does NOT require SMTP ... The check page doesn't have any SMTP integration at all! Interesting that your support would tell you anything else if it clearly works without smtp ...
maybe for extra security?....dunno...

anyways....i tried also with an email account that exists at mailme.gr but the result was negative again :?

should i contact them again or is there something else we could try?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Dec 2014, 14:07

Did you receive the test message I sent from the CHECK page?
Code
To: trails*aperture.gr
Subject: test sub

illunis
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Dec 2014, 14:12

yep...got it !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Dec 2014, 14:28

illunis wrote:yep...got it !
Let me look into it tomorrow ... seems there is another error caused by your slightly older PHP version. Would you be able to PM me FTP? If not, I can try to fix without and send you an updated file, but makes it harder to diagnose ...

illunis
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Dec 2014, 14:30

I am sending you FTP details now and also if you want i can "level up" the PHP version