X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

winph
Experienced
Topic Author

Slideshow & carousel menu

19 Nov 2014, 21:28

Hi,

I noticed that when page is in slideshow view and i hover on carousel menu with multiple page the 2nd or 3rd page of the menu return to 1st page when the slide show changes.

also how to i remove the play button on the slideshow?

win

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Slideshow & carousel menu

20 Nov 2014, 01:07

winph wrote:I noticed that when page is in slideshow view and i hover on carousel menu with multiple page the 2nd or 3rd page of the menu return to 1st page when the slide show changes.
Hmm, sounds like the carousel is listening to changes in #URLhash which is set by the slideshow. Obviously they both can't use it at once ... I will look into ...
winph wrote:also how to i remove the play button on the slideshow?
The slideshow only displays the play button if you have toggleplay set in the gallery setting, or if you have set it to autoplay. Don't you think users should be able to stop a slideshow loading high-res images if it is auto-playing?

You could change settings by using the full slideshow:[settings] string:
Code
slideshow:[width],[height],[ratio],[nav],[fit],[transition],[duration],[captions],[loop],[autoplay],[interval],[startFullscreen]
Use 0 for those items you want to leave it default. For example, you could use:
Code
slideshow:0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,false

winph
Experienced
Topic Author

20 Nov 2014, 19:34

mjau-mjau wrote:
winph wrote:I noticed that when page is in slideshow view and i hover on carousel menu with multiple page the 2nd or 3rd page of the menu return to 1st page when the slide show changes.
Hmm, sounds like the carousel is listening to changes in #URLhash which is set by the slideshow. Obviously they both can't use it at once ... I will look into ...
is it possible to stop the #URLhash by the slideshow?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Nov 2014, 22:37

winph wrote:is it possible to stop the #URLhash by the slideshow?
Currently no, but since you asked, I will add it to the slideshow settings ...

winph
Experienced
Topic Author

21 Nov 2014, 09:11

Code
slideshow:[width],[height],[ratio],[nav],[fit],[transition],[duration],[captions],[loop],[autoplay],[interval],[startFullscreen]
how about the fullscreen button? how do i hide it?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Nov 2014, 09:15

winph wrote:how about the fullscreen button? how do i hide it?
The less settings the better ... Do you really need to disable this unobtrusive feature?

winph
Experienced
Topic Author

21 Nov 2014, 20:25

mjau-mjau wrote:
winph wrote:how about the fullscreen button? how do i hide it?
The less settings the better ... Do you really need to disable this unobtrusive feature?
yes. i think not all want to view in full-screen unless its a video.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Nov 2014, 10:48

If they dont want to view it in fullscreen, then all they have to do is not click it ... Its worse for those who want to go fullscreen, and dont have an option for it, even if it is very subtle ...

I am not against adding options, but we want to find a balance between keeping elements that are considered unobtrusive, and adding more settings than seems necessary.

Luckily, we have a secret weapon: Custom CSS. I can offer you snippet of CSS that you can add to your custom css, which can hide the fullscreen button. With the custom CSS, basically we can do a lot of things which we don't want to add dedicated settings for.

winph
Experienced
Topic Author

22 Nov 2014, 11:27

mjau-mjau wrote:If they dont want to view it in fullscreen, then all they have to do is not click it ... Its worse for those who want to go fullscreen, and dont have an option for it, even if it is very subtle ...

I am not against adding options, but we want to find a balance between keeping elements that are considered unobtrusive, and adding more settings than seems necessary.

Luckily, we have a secret weapon: Custom CSS. I can offer you snippet of CSS that you can add to your custom css, which can hide the fullscreen button. With the custom CSS, basically we can do a lot of things which we don't want to add dedicated settings for.
nice to hear. hopefully we can use this in the final version. :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Nov 2014, 11:52

winph wrote:nice to hear. hopefully we can use this in the final version. :)
If you want to force it hidden, you can add the following to your /custom/css/ styles page from the panel:
Code
.fotorama__fullscreen-icon {
  display: none;
}

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Feb 2015, 09:10

Just to close the main topic in this thread: We have now added new slideshow setting [hash=true/false] to enable or disable image #ID in URL for the slideshow (used for deep-linking), and disabled it by default. Furthermore, we have fixed the carousel so that it is unaffected by the slideshow (as described in a post in this thread). The fix will be available shortly with the imminent release of v0.9.
Code
slideshow:[width],[height],[ratio],[nav],[fit],[transition],[duration],[captions],[loop],[autoplay],[interval],[startFullscreen],[toggleplay],[hash]