Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

RBachmann
Experienced
Topic Author

Blog functionality - no preview image

17 Nov 2014, 10:30

If I understood the concept correctly, the correct way to implement a blogroll is to add a new folder (like 5.blog) and create a new folder within this one for each post, is this correct?

Now, to have a bit a better overview, I wonder if it's possible to hide the "preview image" from the folder view? There won't be any images in the posts anyway, so it wouldn't make sense in this case to display this "default preview" image in the overview.

I guess I'm just looking for a tag like "preview:none" or something similar :-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Blog functionality - no preview image

17 Nov 2014, 10:48

RBachmann wrote:If I understood the concept correctly, the correct way to implement a blogroll is to add a new folder (like 5.blog) and create a new folder within this one for each post, is this correct?
100% correct.
RBachmann wrote:Now, to have a bit a better overview, I wonder if it's possible to hide the "preview image" from the folder view? There won't be any images in the posts anyway, so it wouldn't make sense in this case to display this "default preview" image in the overview.
Yep. Try something like this in your folders setting for the blog page, without the 'preview' item:
Code
folders: items:title,date,description
To make it look nice, you might need to use a narrow layout or even a grid:
Code
folders: items:title,date,description narrower
Code
folders: items:title,date,description grid:3,2,1

RBachmann
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Blog functionality - no preview image

17 Nov 2014, 12:41

mjau-mjau wrote:To make it look nice, you might need to use a narrow layout or even a grid:
Code
folders: items:title,date,description narrower
Thank you so much, that did the trick and now it looks perfect.