Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Eric
Topic Author

Display MAPS

11 Dec 2023, 12:38

Hello Karl,

I don't arrive to find where is the option to display exif meta data and maps for images that contain GPS location data.

Can you help me ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Display MAPS

11 Dec 2023, 21:22

Hello. To enable such features globally in the popup, you can go to Settings > Popup > Caption Items, and you will see options like EXIF and Map Button. If you want to enable only on a per-page basis, you can go to Page Settings > Gallery, scroll down to Popup > Caption Items.

Eric
Topic Author

12 Dec 2023, 11:15

Thanks a lot Karl.
As i have many 'old' pictures without GPS information, i need to add them.
Do you know a good tool to add them ?

To replace the old pictures, does i need to use your interface or can i use Filezilla (if yes, in which folder ?) ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Dec 2023, 21:26

Eric wrote:As i have many 'old' pictures without GPS information, i need to add them.
You are using Windows or Mac? I don't personally know any tools, but I'm sure Google can help find some tools that allow adding GPS coordinates to existing photos. I know that Mac "photos" app allows adding coordinates ...
Eric wrote:To replace the old pictures, does i need to use your interface or can i use Filezilla (if yes, in which folder ?) ?
You can use Filezilla, but after uploading, you need to go to the X3 control panel and click SAVE (anywhere) so that old cache will get refreshed. It's a bit tricky "replacing" images, because your browser might cache images by name, although the EXIF/GPS on the server should get updated.

Eric
Topic Author

13 Dec 2023, 01:56

OK, Thanks a lot.

JMM
Experienced

13 Dec 2023, 07:04

As i have many 'old' pictures without GPS information, i need to add them.

Eric,
If you use Windows, you can try a program called GeoSetter.  I've been using it for the past year, and it works quite well.  Not only can you add & change GPS coordinates for your pictures, but you can change other things such as dates also.  So if you have a picture with a date of (for example) 11 August 1956 written on the back of the picture, you can use GeoSetter to set the data of the picture to be 11 August 1956... now EXIF will show a date of 11 August 1956, instead of the date that the picture was scanned  :slight_smile:.
Regards,
John
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

Eric
Topic Author

13 Dec 2023, 07:25

Yes, i use Windows.
I tried Latlong online before, but i don't like the new version.
Thanks a lot John !  :relieved: