Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

fulo
Topic Author

Restoring Styles/CSS Adjustments

26 Oct 2023, 06:03

I just made a new clean install on a new server and copied the folders content and config from my old space.
All images are there, I can access the backend.

But unfortunately all my CSS styling and several settings in the backend are at default settings.
Is there a way to transfer these stylings and configurations, too?

Thanks a lot! :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Restoring Styles/CSS Adjustments

26 Oct 2023, 08:09

fulo wrote:But unfortunately all my CSS styling and several settings in the backend are at default settings.
Is there a way to transfer these stylings and configurations, too?
All settings and custom CSS would be stored in /config/config.user.json, and this file would therefore have to be copied over. You need to compare the file in old location and new location, as it seems like it's either missing or empty in the new location.

fulo
Topic Author

26 Oct 2023, 09:33

Thanks for your answer.

I double checked it. The old config.user.json is copied to the new space. I checked the content and it shows several adjustments.
But they have no effect on the appearance of the site - wether I use the .json from the clean install or the old one.

Do I have to "activate" it somewhere? Browsercache is deleted.

fulo
Topic Author

26 Oct 2023, 09:51

/edit: There seem to be some issues with the server. I will check this first.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Oct 2023, 21:20

Something permissions-related? Try making some modifications in the panel for the new website, and check that those get written into the config.user.json? This is the file (and only file) where global settings are stored.