X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Use of Folder Assets taking user to wrong gallery

04 May 2023, 20:57

Hello, Karl,

I have a weird problem that I've been experiencing.  THIS is the gallery that I've noticed this problem with.  Also, I should mention here, in case this is the reason for the problem, I've relocated that gallery's subfolder (with a panorama in it) to the bottom of the page below the images, instead of its default location near the top above the images.

I've created a login for a relative in the home page's menu, under PRIVATE, the private gallery there called "Sue":

The reason for setting up a login for this user, is bacause I have downloading disabled on this X3 site, but I want to allow her to be able to download images from a specific gallery, by specifically enabling the download button for a specific Private gallery.  I've done this before on another of my X3 sites, and it worked fine.

The gallery that I wish her to be able to download from is the mum-and-dad gallery below:

On this site, I created the login for the account, and set the gallery for this user to access:

For that private/sue gallery, I've pointed that gallery as follows:

However, the problem is, when the user clicks from the main menu on PRIVATE, then clicks on her Sue gallery and enters in her username & password, she is taken to, not the mum-and-dad gallery as specified under Folder Assets, but she is taken instead to the mum-and-dad/360 gallery.

Would you by any chance have any idea why, although I have set for her Sue folder to use the assets of galleries/family/mum-and-dad, X3 is instead taking her to galleries/family/mum-and-dad/360 ?

Thank you in advance, sir, and have yourself a great day.

Regards,
John
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Use of Folder Assets taking user to wrong gallery

04 May 2023, 22:16

I kinda really need test login to be able to diagnose this, as I can't guess what is happening based on what I read only.

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

05 May 2023, 00:13

I am sooo embarrassed to have bugged you with this "user" error.

After changing the password temporarily to send you, I checked 1 thing, and noticed how I srewed up.

This is what I had for assets for her user folder:

This is what I should've had, and which now works:

I had mistakingly pointed her folder to that asset, instead of her gallery.  So X3 was doing exactly what I had mistakingly told it to do, by displaying that folder in her gallery instead of the images in her gallery.

Everything is working now as I had intended.

Sorry to have been such a pest today to you, Karl.

Have yourself a splendid day.

Regards,
John
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 May 2023, 02:10

JMM wrote:I had mistakingly pointed her folder to that asset, instead of her gallery.  So X3 was doing exactly what I had mistakingly told it to do, by displaying that folder in her gallery instead of the images in her gallery.
:smile: I couldn't actually see any difference in the screenshots until you pointed it out. Glad it's solved.