Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Thomas Nyvang
Topic Author

Protect folders/galleries?

03 Nov 2022, 18:46

Thanks for a really good product that I just upgraded to PRO.
Everything works well, but I have a single problem.
I have several photo albums, each in a separate folder. In these folders I have a lot of subfolders.
I would like to be able to control who has access to these photo albums, but can't make it happen.
If I create a user called "Høyer Nyvang" and I give this user access to the album "Høyer Nyvang". No other users should have access to this album.
ImageImageImage
But when I log in with, for example, the user "Høyer Nyvang", I do not get access to the folders and galleries below. I only grant myself (Thomas Nyvang) and my wife (Joy Nyvang) *GLOBAL rights. And it works fine. We have access to it all. 

Is there something I'm misunderstanding or doing wrong?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Protect folders/galleries?

04 Nov 2022, 00:11

It is supposed to work like you have noted. Could you perhaps send me LOGIN for one of the users by private message or email (karl AT photo.gallery) so I can test?

I'm not quite sure what "/index" path is doing grouped in the access restrictions to be honest. Is the home-page supposed to be password protected? The "/index" page actually only represents a single page, and is not recursive. I don't think this is the cause of the problem however.

Also, you might try creating a test folder /Gallerier/test with some subfolders /Gallerier/test1 etc, as it would be good to eliminate the chance that the issue is caused by empty spaces in your folder names and/or special latin characters Ø etc.