Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

trey
Topic Author

Can't access admin panel

10 Jun 2022, 18:48

I just noticed that I can't access my admin panel. It just never loads. The website itself (www.treypentecost.com) is working fine.

Happy to just wipe it and reinstall if it can be done without losing my settings.

I'm not sure what info you need. I'm on PHP 7.3.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Can't access admin panel

11 Jun 2022, 04:36

Hi Trey. Your panel loaded fine from here, but I could not access past the login page of course. Could you perhaps send me login in a private message so I can try? Also, could you try from a new "private" browser window or a different browser altogether? I suspect it could have something to do with your browser cookies/cache.
trey wrote:Happy to just wipe it and reinstall if it can be done without losing my settings.
I doubt that is necessary, because I don't think your actual installation is corrupt.

trey
Topic Author

13 Jun 2022, 20:38

Ok well it works now... I'm not sure why but sorry for the idiotic post. It was early af and I was trying to get out a portfolio. :P

Bizkit

05 Jan 2023, 23:00

Hello 

I am not sure if this is the right place to put my post, if this is not, please forgive me as the title of this tread describes my situation best.

I can access my admin panel www.solutions-rw.com/panel
The site www.solutions-rw.com is not working, it is loading endlessly.

Please help.
Thank you.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Jan 2023, 03:11

Bizkit wrote:I can access my admin panel [/size]www.solutions-rw.com[/size]
Can or can't? I tried to access here, and I get HTTP ERROR 500. Surely it was working earlier? Looks like your host has some firewall or security that might be blocking the panel. Or check your error logs (ask the host) why it returns error 500?
Bizkit wrote:The site www.solutions-rw.com is not working, it is loading endlessly.
The main X3 website works fine here.
Maybe something temporary on your end?

Bizkit

07 Jan 2023, 21:42

mjau-mjau wrote:
Bizkit wrote:I can access my admin panel [/size]www.solutions-rw.com[/size]
Can or can't? I tried to access here, and I get HTTP ERROR 500. Surely it was working earlier? Looks like your host has some firewall or security that might be blocking the panel. Or check your error logs (ask the host) why it returns error 500?
Bizkit wrote:The site www.solutions-rw.com is not working, it is loading endlessly.
The main X3 website works fine here.
Maybe something temporary on your end?
Thank you for looking into this.
Problem solved, the issue is with the hosting platform.

Thanks again.
All the best
Bizkit

Bizkit

05 Feb 2023, 22:43

Hello again.

My site, www.solutions-rw.com is loading endlessly.  I have tried in different PC, it is all the same. Loading never ends. I have checked with the hosting platform. 

They said 
"Since your website supports php 5.6. It would be best to update your website to have latest version of php. The script of your website supports only 5.6. It would be best to contact developer to have latest version of php for your website."

What can I do to make the stie working propely again?

Thank you in advance.
Bizkit.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Feb 2023, 04:15

When was the last time you updated X3? Seems like many many years ago? Surely would be a good idea!
https://www.photo.gallery/docs/help/updating/

X3 supports latest PHP. Not sure who claims it only supports 5.6.

Bizkit

06 Feb 2023, 22:50

Hello again.

Thank you for looking into this.  Unfotunatelly, there is no "update" section on my admin panel.
Please see attached image for detail.

Thank you again for your support.
Attachments
x3Cape.JPG
x3Cape.JPG (45.77 KiB) Viewed 6098 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Feb 2023, 23:42

Bizkit wrote: Unfotunatelly, there is no "update" section on my admin panel.
Your X3 version was from before the updater was available in the X3 panel.

See docs https://www.photo.gallery/docs/help/updating/, scroll down to "X3 Updater script". Download the updater, upload into your X3 root by FTP, and then access the script from browser.

Alternatively, scroll down to the "Update X3 manually by FTP" and update X3 manually.

Bizkit

09 Feb 2023, 22:44

Sorry to bug you again.

I have  followed the provided link:
  1. Download [color=var(--primary-color)]X3.latest.update.zip[/color].
  2. Unzip the X3 update file on your computer.
  3. By FTP, upload the contents of the update into your X3 directory, effectively overwriting the X3 application files and folders.
However, after the uploading, nothing happens. I have checked the admin panel, the version is still the same. I must did something wrong which I don't know. 

The X3.latest.update was uploaded to this folder, am I wrong? If I was wrong, please let me know where should I put it. I am sorry for my ignorance of this website thing.
Attachments
x3.jpg
x3.jpg (75.25 KiB) Viewed 5900 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Feb 2023, 23:12

Yes it should be upload into the "x3" folder, as long as that folder contains your X3 website. And also as long as you didn't upload the "update" as a subfolder into "x3". I can't diagnose further without link, screenshot of what is inside the "x3" folder, or even better, FTP access.

Bizkit

11 Feb 2023, 22:19

Thank you so much for looking in this. 
Problem solved.

Excellent support.

Thanks a lot.