X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Replacing pictures with new picture displays old pictures

18 Feb 2022, 21:43

Hi, Karl.

If I upload a picture with a certain filename of a 4-door sedan, and then I delete that 4-door sedan picture from X3 & then replace that picture with a truck, but with the same filename, X3 still displays the picture of the 4-door sedan, even though I deleted that picture from X3 & replaced it with a picture of  a truck.

I've gone to Tools | Cache & cleaned the image cache, and also deleted the page cache, and also in my browser cleared cached images & files, but I still see that 4-door sedan picture instead of truck picture.

How can I get X3 to display the proper pictures?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
John
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Replacing pictures with new picture displays old pictures

19 Feb 2022, 01:12

JMM wrote:If I upload a picture with a certain filename of a 4-door sedan, and then I delete that 4-door sedan picture from X3 & then replace that picture with a truck, but with the same filename, X3 still displays the picture of the 4-door sedan, even though I deleted that picture from X3 & replaced it with a picture of  a truck.
The simple explanation for this, is CACHE, and the fact that X3 uses Cloudflare CDN.
https://www.cloudflare.com/cdn/

Serving your images from a CDN greatly improves the speed of loading for your website. This also means that you can't simply replace static files with identical file names, as old versions may remain cached on Cloudflare (for a while). Therefore, the practice around CDN usage is to always use "versioning" in your names ... In other words, you must change / increment the filename.
JMM wrote:I've gone to Tools | Cache & cleaned the image cache, and also deleted the page cache, and also in my browser cleared cached images & files,
Although you would have to empty browser cache, you can't easily empty the CDN (Cloudflare) cache. The solution is to rename when you upload new files. Either before upload, or after uploading, from the panel.

I could disable Cloudflare, but I really don't think this is productive.

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Replacing pictures with new picture displays old pictures

19 Feb 2022, 01:14

Understood now.  Thanks for the explanation.
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |