X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Disillusioned with X3 speed

02 Feb 2022, 19:19

Good day, Karl.

I'm loving X3 more & more each day, however, I'm disillusioned by its speed.  I know that it is not X3's fault, and the problem no doubt is on my end.

I don't have many pictures, well under 50 on my entire site, but this link shows you 1 particular folder containing only 31 pictures, but took nearly 5 minutes to load all the pictures:

Nearly 5 minutes to load 31 pictures

Are there any X3 settings that I can change/tweak, that might speed things up?

I'm hosted at A2 Hosting, with shared hosting.

Thank you in advance & have a great day.

Regards,
John
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Disillusioned with X3 speed

02 Feb 2022, 22:51

Everything loaded in milliseconds here (from the other side of the world):

Sounds like a fluke to me, maybe network congestion and/or server stress at the time. If it repeats, you need to consider your hosting options. X3 cannot serve assets on your server faster than they are already served vs client network. On first visit of a new gallery, X3 needs to resize images, and this can be slower, but normally you won't notice any difference.

Because some hosting services are poor, under-powered and over-shared, we offer our own dedicated X3 hosting service flamepix.com. Hopefully in your case, it was a circumstantial incident.

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Disillusioned with X3 speed

05 Feb 2022, 01:44

Hi Karl,

I discovered last night that the problem I am having with the slowness of pictures loading, and the constant hanging of my X3 installations, is due to something (I don't know what) on the PC that I've been using.  When I try to access my site from another one of my PCs, X3 is very fast.

Sorry to have bothered you with this problem.

Regards,
John
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |