X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Securing folders not working the way I want it to

31 Jan 2022, 04:49

Hello again, Karl.

I have secured one of my X3 folders.  As per the below, I created 2 user accounts, created a folder in X3 called Personal, and secured that folder in X3 (as per the below screenshot).

The problem is, when a visitor clicks on Personal, they are taken to my personal/ folder, and they can see all the subfolders within personal/, likewise on a mobile device.  Granted, if they try to access any of those protected subfolders, they are prompted to log in.  But that is not good-enough, I need to somehow protect the personal/ folder itself, so when they click on Personal, they are prompted at that point to login, and they will not see any of the subfolders within personal/.

How would I go about protecting my personal/ folder that way?

Thank you in advance, Karl.

Regards,
John
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Securing folders not working the way I want it to

31 Jan 2022, 06:17

Disregard... I figured it out.  Sorry to have bothered you.
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Securing folders not working the way I want it to

31 Jan 2022, 10:25

:clap: :thumbsup: