X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ewok2
Experienced
Topic Author

Re-creat thumbnail

10 Jan 2022, 16:46

Hi
I have added some picture in the Gallery (directly in the content folder) that where not in the good direction (with exif data).
I have understand that Imagevue does not correct the orientation with exif.
I rotate the image manualy on the content folder.
The image rotate fine in the imagevue website but the thumbnail does not change and is still in the wrong direction.
Is there a menu / command to recreat thumbnail?

Many Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Re-creat thumbnail

11 Jan 2022, 01:03

ewok2 wrote:I have understand that Imagevue does not correct the orientation with exif.
X3 will correct the orientation on upload, but only when using the uploader from X3 control panel and only when "resize images" is selected. Not optimal of course.
ewok2 wrote:The image rotate fine in the imagevue website but the thumbnail does not change and is still in the wrong direction.
Is there a menu / command to recreat thumbnail?
Did you update the image via FTP? Or directly on server? Try to navigate to the page in X3 control panel and click "save" to recreate page cache. If that fails, you can rename the image from panel, which will force new thumbnail cache.

ewok2
Experienced
Topic Author

11 Jan 2022, 15:27

I put directly the image with a nfs share
The "save" button did not the job.
But renaming the picture (not from panel as there where more than 300 pictures) did the job.
Thanks

By the way
the video that are on a sub album without picture have a "image pre view" and works fine
The one that are below the picture (video-bottom activated in panel) on the same sub album did not have any preview and does not works on firefox (but works on mobile phone)
Any idea to solve the issue?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Jan 2022, 00:19

ewok2 wrote:By the way
the video that are on a sub album without picture have a "image pre view" and works fine
The one that are below the picture (video-bottom activated in panel) on the same sub album did not have any preview and does not works on firefox (but works on mobile phone)
Any idea to solve the issue?
Do you have a link? Html <video> will normally display a preview from the video, but it may depend on device and browser. Also, some video formats and codecs will not work in all browsers. What is the format and coded? There is info here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5_vid ... er_support
https://www.encoding.com/html5-video-codec/

ewok2
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Jan 2022, 13:19

Thanks for the link I have my answer
My video files are H.265 ou HEVC...
So only working with safari!
I have to encode them in another format...

ewok2
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Jan 2022, 16:14

Transcoding them to H264 works fine
Thanks