Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

swifter_uk
Topic Author

Admin Login

25 Nov 2021, 10:30

Hi.
New to this but I have downloaded a trial version of X3 to test on our website and have uploaded all the files.
Problem is I cannot log in with the default admin/admin to get into the Control Panel?
I have run a search on this site and saw mention of editing the config.user.json file but this does not appear to even be in the package I downloaded, has anyone else experienced this problem and can point me in the right direction please?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Admin Login

26 Nov 2021, 00:17

Hi. Do you have a link to your X3 test installation? What message do you get when you try to login with admin/admin?

Normally you will see a diagnostics page first, which might give an idea as to why login doesn't work. Sometimes the PHP sessions path (necessary to store login data) is incorrectly configured. You can access diagnostics by appending /?diagnostics at the end of your X3 gallery link.

The config.user.json file is not yet created until you actually store different settings from the control panel.

swifter_uk
Topic Author

26 Nov 2021, 06:33

Many Thanks for the reply.
I do not get any message when I try to log in with admin/admin it just clears the fields!
Diagnostics page doesn't seem to suggest any other error other than I need to log into control panel and change login details but obviously I cannot.
Here is a link: http://brightonrgt.org.uk/x3Gallery/?diagnostics

(Edit)!
I have just found that it is a problem with Microsoft Edge blocking me, I have now been able to get in and change login via Google Chrome but I still cannot get in with Edge for some reason

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 Nov 2021, 01:27

swifter_uk wrote:but I still cannot get in with Edge for some reason
Perhaps some plugin or sessions/cookie blocker?