X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

InoculateIT
Experienced
Topic Author

Contact fail with Google chrome

31 Oct 2021, 07:43

Hi 😊

Recently I have discovered that people using the contact form throug the site, is not sending the message to my mail even it says done/sent 🙄

If they use Edge or Explore or even Firefox its working, but chrome doesn't and no errors ahow up.
It's both mobile and computer!

Anyone else got this problem ?
I have update to latest chrome...
The spelling mistakes has been inserted automatically of consideration to the people who find a great pleasure to search for it...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Contact fail with Google chrome

31 Oct 2021, 08:47

How do you know it's the browser? I mean, you don't get the GREEN icon (success) in Chrome? When you get a GREEN icon, it means the PHP (X3) has successfully sent the message by the emailer method in your settings. What happens to the email after it's sent from X3, is outside of X3's control, and depends on your email settings (SMTP?, server php mailer, "from" address, SPF, DKIM, and loads of stuff that affects "spam" and may block email from being received, or blocked before the even go to "spam"). I have never seen or heard of a mail function failing on specific browsers, not as long the email actually gets sent (which must be the case if you get green icon).

I tested from here, and the mailer reports send success:

That response is from the internal PHP mailer mechanism:
Code
$success = $mail->send();
If it reports sent success, it gets "sent" from the PHP, no matter what (no matter browser). What happens from when the email is unleashed from PHP into your server (or SMTP) mailer mechanism, is outside of PHP (and X3's) control. We use https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer

InoculateIT
Experienced
Topic Author

31 Oct 2021, 11:30

Yes I got the mail, but what I wrote ihere n your forum, I got several people that write on messenger they sens me a mail I never got, and they use Google chrome, when I ask them kindly if they could try again with Edge, then it works 🙄

I tested myself with chrome, and nothing got I my mailbox, but when I tried with Firefox or Edge, then I got them 🙄🤔
The spelling mistakes has been inserted automatically of consideration to the people who find a great pleasure to search for it...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 Oct 2021, 11:41

Never heard anything like that before, and it's not logical. It could be explained by location / IP / email / content of email, but not browser, as long as it sends. Besides, why would this only apply for your website? For me to diagnose further, I need full info about domain, email settings (SMTP) and "from" address.

InoculateIT
Experienced
Topic Author

31 Oct 2021, 15:09

I have not either seen this before, it has always been working 🙄

My host deny they have a problem 😵

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Nov 2021, 00:27

Thing is, contact form email is a server function, not a browser/javascript function. It could have been technically possible that the browser/javascript was messing with the form somehow, and blocking the data, but if you get a "success" response (as in my screenshot), it means all required data has been collected by PHP, sent to your emailer service (server or SMTP), which has replied "Yes, the email got sent thanks".

Without more info about your email settings, I can't assist more. Are you using SMTP settings or server's own mailer? If the latter, I would be highly suspiscious, and then why not use SMTP? Don't trust your own servers emailer. I would try to make a new hidden page with the simple contact form, and see if it's related to form fields. Next step would be to try another email service (different SMTP).