Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

zanico
Topic Author

invalid License

29 Sep 2021, 16:26

Greetings,
I have had a problem with X3 for about a month.
when you browse the site with Chrome from android, the message "invalid License www.photo.gallery" appears.
I saw that it was a known problem for hiding the signature "X3 Website for Photographers by www.photo.gallery", but in my case, it was not hidden.
the site is http://www.madfactory.eu/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: invalid License

29 Sep 2021, 23:51

Hi! I have searched our database, and while I can find auth+license for nubierocce.it, I cannot find anything related to madfactory.eu. Unless I have missed something, that website is currently non-licensed, which means the photo.gallery link will appear in the footer. Let me know!

zanico
Topic Author

30 Sep 2021, 08:22

yes, it's unlicensed, and it's okay that link photo.gallery remains in the footer.
the problem, however, is that with Chrome for Android, there is always the message "Invalid License www.photo.gallery", and it does not allow navigation on the site

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 Sep 2021, 10:49

I tried from iPhone, and can't reproduce the problem. If the issue was persistent, I would expect it to happen from any mobile device (similar to Android), because the layout and scripts would render identically. Can you try from a different Android browser? Or from a different Android device altogether? I have reason to believe this is something cached (localStorage) in your specific Android browser, perhaps starting from a point in time when your website rendered differently (you mentioned it started a month ago).

I don't mind authorizing the domain as a solution, but would be good to find the reason.