X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Unable to get Panoramas to work in X3 Pro

06 Aug 2021, 13:33

Hello, folks.

I have created a folder & uploaded a few panoramas of various types, but I am unable to get them to display as panorama pictures.

I've seen on the X3 Demo site that when I select a panorama picture & move my mouse around, that action pans & tilts the picture.  However, when I do the same on my site with a panorama picture, it just drags the picture to the left or right & drags the next picture into view.

Is the panorama feature/plugin not plug-and-play, and instead each panorama picture needs to have special settings included with them?

My folder of panorama pictures

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, as this panorama feature/capability was the only reason that I purchased the Pro version.

Thank you in advance & have yourselves a great weekend.

Regards & be safe,
John
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Unable to get Panoramas to work in X3 Pro

07 Aug 2021, 03:23

X3 supports two types of panorama images: 1) Spherical (exactly 2:1 src ratio, and must be spherical), and 2) Flat multi-resolution. Unfortunately, your images are none of the above, but simply ultra high-resolution images. You can create "Flat multi-resolution" panoramas from your images, but this normally requires using tools like KRpano or Pano2VR to cut your images into tiles so they effectively become interactive multi-resolution images that the panorama plugin can work with.

I can understand how you would have wanted your ultra-large images to simply display in the panorama plugin interface, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The panorama plugin uses configurations of folders with tiles to render layers that make up the panorama view. I would have to look into it and see if it's possible somehow.
JMM wrote:Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, as this panorama feature/capability was the only reason that I purchased the Pro version.
Considering the above, I would be happy to offer a refund from X3 Pro to Private if interested?