Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

tomrock
Experienced
Topic Author

X3 Backend won't edit pages/ turns gray

02 Aug 2021, 10:54

In the Manage section of the X3 backend, I can no longer edit pages. When I click a page, the screen turns gray and I have to refresh to get the panel to work again. And didn't the Menu section used to list the pages I have in my site?

I'm attaching a screenshot. The picture on the left is before I click a page to edit and the picture on the right is after I click any of the pages in the list.

My host (Dreamhost) is using PHP 7.4.

Thanks,
Tom

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: X3 Backend won't edit pages/ turns gray

03 Aug 2021, 01:47

Looks to me like a server firewall rule in effect. If you are able, go to browser menu > view > developer > developer tools > network tab, refresh page and try again. In the network inspector, I am guessing you will see a red request (error) with response code 401 (forbidden) or 500 (error). Optionally, please provide link and login to your panel (by private message) and I will diagnose.

In the case of firewall, unless you have options in your hosting control panel, you will need to ask your host to disable the rules that are blocking the POST requests made in the X3 control panel. The panel is after all protected by login.

tomrock
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Aug 2021, 18:29

Thanks! Are your instructions for Chrome? Because I can't find Network Tab in Safari or Firefox. Will either of those browsers show what you need? Or should I download Chrome?

Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Aug 2021, 00:47

• Firefox menu > Tools > Browser tools > Web developer tools > Network (tab)
  • Safari, you must first go to Safari settings > Advanced > "Show develop menu in menu bar", and then you can select Develop > Show web inspector > network (tab)
I thought in your screenshot I saw Chrome, but maybe that's Safari. In either case, it's 99.99% sure you will find an error as described in my previous post, in which case you must take action to disable the firewall rule that is breaking the panel.

tomrock
Experienced
Topic Author

04 Aug 2021, 17:13

OK, I found it. "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()" is the error message I get and it's for x3_menu.php.

I probably should also mention I'm using Cloudflare to get https.

What should I do next?

Thanks again for your help.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Aug 2021, 00:30

tomrock wrote:I probably should also mention I'm using Cloudflare to get https.
I don't think it's related. I also use Cloudflare for all our X3 websites, as well as Cloudflare PRO (with cloudflare WAF / firewall) enabled for our main demo. Besides, the error message would look different.
tomrock wrote:What should I do next?
Let me just get this straight: It was working earlier, and then without warning it suddenly wasn't working? I have no reason to believe this is anything else than server/hosting firewall, as several other users have had the same issue.

As stated earlier, you must contact your hosting service and give them the information. If they are professionaly, they will be able to disable the firewall rule that is blocking the legitimate request. If hosts need to run firewalls, without approval or configuration from the user, then this is what they/you will have to deal with. The X3 panel is already behind a login, but the firewall doesn't know that.