Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

domix
Topic Author

Re: About Panorama

30 May 2021, 00:34

I mean the title of the shared link is not the page title, but the directory title。I found this on your official demo website,This leads to the sharing of content is not intuitive, because the same directory has a variety of different content。
But I didn't test your sharing tool, which can't be linked in China. I hope to use Wechat and Weibo to share, but it seems that it can't be realized. Now I have server port 8001 (NAS). Because I have a port, I can't get the JS interface support of wechat.

domix
Topic Author

30 May 2021, 00:36

Addthis has tried, but can't register. It's really hard

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 May 2021, 06:18

Not sure what you mean. Facebook and most other known services will use page TITLE (<title> or <meta property="og:title"> ), which X3 sets correctly. If the specific sharing service chooses to ONLY use the URL, then that's not X3's fault. See Facebook:

Of course, if you have not created specific page TITLES for your pages, then the title will be the same as your folder name. What else would you expect? You can set specific page titles (different from folder names) in page settings > title and description.

PS! You don't need to register on addthis to use addthis. You only register if you want to view sharing stats.

domix
Topic Author

30 May 2021, 07:01

What I see is panorama's page sharing

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 May 2021, 08:11

domix wrote: What I see is panorama's page sharing
What's the question though? Please post a link, to the page you are trying to share, and on what service you are shaing it, and what you are expecting it to display. I don't know what to answer without better details.

domix
Topic Author

30 May 2021, 08:29

As shown in the figure below
Attachments
微信分享过程4.jpg
微信分享过程4.jpg (38.27 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
微信分享过程3.jpg
微信分享过程3.jpg (22.82 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
微信分享过程2.jpg
微信分享过程2.jpg (292.24 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
微信分享过程1.jpg
微信分享过程1.jpg (580.79 KiB) Viewed 1318 times

domix
Topic Author

30 May 2021, 08:33

This is opened in wechat :thinking:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 May 2021, 11:38

All I see from your screenshot is some "chat bubble" in Wechat with the link copy-pasted from browser. You can't just share a link with #hash and expect it to share the image or panorama opened, because it doesn't work like that.

These two pages are the SAME:
/plugins/panorama/
/plugins/panorama/#pano=meteora-monasteries

The only thing the last link does, is instruct X3 to open the "meteora-monasteries" panorama via Javascript. The #hashtag has no other function and does not represent a unique page. Therefore, any search engines and social robots, will see the same parent page /plugins/panorama/ because that's where the panorama viewer is running from. We cannot create unique pages when we simply add "popups" on top of the existing page ... that would be unproductive for human visitors. Besides, where would it get title and preview image for the panorama? 

Sorry, but it doesn't work like this because the panorama engine is Javascript based, and for optimal user-experience, it doesn't "load" new pages when clicking a panorama just for sharing purposes.

domix
Topic Author

30 May 2021, 22:04

It means no solution?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 May 2021, 01:54

Sorry no, not for copy-pasting a popup or panorama #link directly into sharing.

To achieve unique sharing details for everything you share, you would need to place ONE item (panorama or photo) on the same page. Maybe in the future there is a workaround, but not for now sorry.

As it works for images in the popup:
https://demo.photo.gallery/galleries/na ... terfly.jpg

You cannot share that link directly, because it's the same as /galleries/nature/. However if you click the "sharing" button, it will share a unique page for the image:
https://demo.photo.gallery/galleries/na ... butterfly/[/b]

This is not a page that human visitors will normally see, because it's useless. It's only function is to have a unique page available for sharing so that sharing services can grab unique title and preview image. However, this workaround is not really applicable for panorama's, because it's not a single image, and we can't really place the panorama on it's own page. Maybe in the future.

domix
Topic Author

04 Jun 2021, 08:10

Hope the next version can have a more convenient experience