Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

sp0
Topic Author

Spinning circle on previews

16 Feb 2021, 18:54

I have made good progress with my initial installation but am now stuck.  

Fixed images on pages are fine.  However when I uploaded images into my galleries, all I see is a whirling circle in place of each preview.  Any idea what has gone wrong?

The DigitalOcean instance is using <1% CPU, 37% memory, 6% disk -- so it doesn't appear to have run out of resources.  I can't see any strange messages in the Apache2 log file.

Searching the forum gave me some notes for nginx setup, but this is plain Apache only.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Spinning circle on previews

16 Feb 2021, 22:59

Sorry, I answered the post before I saw the link in your email. In your case, I believe it's just the simple case that you are using :colon in your folder names "Portfolio:-Portraits". Colons should not really be used in URL's, and even though they are legal, they corrupt the image resize query when it is redirected to X3, which itself uses colons internally. Please try to rename to "portfolio".

Really, your folder names should be as simple as possible and in lowercase, because they become the URL. Furthermore, when you use characters like colon, it gets encoded to Portfolio%3A-Portraits ... not pretty or functional. I assume your idea was that you wanted this as the label in the menu? If so, you have better options: LABEL setting for the page, which can contain spaces colons and any characters. The folder name itself should be as simple as possible.

sp0
Topic Author

Re: Spinning circle on previews

17 Feb 2021, 05:25

Yes, that fixed it - thanks.