Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Sharpix
Topic Author

Galleries seem filled with same picture, then F5 Refresh fixes it sometimes.

06 Jan 2021, 17:07

Frequently, Galleries appear made from the same repeating image;  When refreshing several times, sometimes it fixes the thing.
The gallery seems to have the exact amount of image cards, but filled repeatedly with the same pic.

Seems like the Gallery wont pull all images correctly, or like if theres a cache that doesn't work properly.
Sometimes the repeated picture comes from other different gallery.

I've checked with hosting if there's an issue and they tell me there is not.  They DISABLED CDN and told me it could be the culprit.
PHP is updated at 7.xx

¿is there anything I could do?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Galleries seem filled with same picture, then F5 Refresh fixes it sometimes.

06 Jan 2021, 21:49

First and mort importantly, please provide a link so I can diagnose it.

There was a similar issue 5 years ago, but that was only for host Aruba.it and only when X3 used symlinks for resized images.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=9155

Sharpix
Topic Author

Re: Galleries seem filled with same picture, then F5 Refresh fixes it sometimes.

10 Feb 2021, 12:56

After trying to diagnose this and reading the issues with the Aruba.it server, i can say im not capable of fixing this thing.

Link  http://www.alfalux.com.mx/alfalux/Casullas/    (see, X3 is installed on a 2nd level directory, not in carpet in root)
o  Chequed .htaccess ON ROOT directory and it was a file dated in 2017.  It does not belongs to current X3.30.  Deleted it.
o  Copied X3 .htaccess on /alfalux/ directory where X3 its installed, to ROOT, to force render to show images.. didnt worked.

On mobile, it just shows the same repeated picture again and again.   Refreshing does not work at all.
On desktop, sometimes it refreshes all correctly.  
Sometimes, closing the web browser (configured on clearing cache every exit) and reloading page, loads a previous version page, saved two days ago.

I switched internet services to check if ISP cache is the issue.  Problem persists.

Im tempted to make a fresh install on a directory, right at root directory, so root .htaccess is refreshed by X3 automatically.

I hope you can help me.
** Im sending you the login for the FTP in a PM

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Feb 2021, 00:42

I did some more research (after I replied to private message), and I managed to re-produce the issue. This server has some incorrectly configured cache mechanisms, seemingly using the file name in some way or other. Look at this:

(The below links may not work the same for you, now that they are already requesterd).

/alfalux/render/w320/Casullas/05FrancesSilueta/05%20FrancesSilMA%20GalAzul.jpg
Renders the correct image from here. See original.

Hmm, what happens when I enter another size request?
/alfalux/render/w200/Casullas/05FrancesSilueta/05%20FrancesSilMA%20GalAzul.jpg
Wrong image altogether! However, when I hard-refresh the request, CORRECT image is served. This is something on your server jumping in front of X3 and serving something it thinks is the correct cache.

Stranger: I tried with a resize request that is NOT ALLOWED from X3:
/alfalux/render/w102/Casullas/05FrancesSilueta/05%20FrancesSilMA%20GalAzul.jpg
That request ALSO serves the same WRONG image. Why I wonder? It's not even forwarded to X3 or served from X3:

If I hard-refresh that page, it will get forwarded to X3, which correctly serves an ERROR:

The only thing I can suggest, is to try to install X3 (copy the content) into a SUBDOMAIN of your website, for example test.alfalux.com.mx. This would exclude the possibility of having X3 in a subfolder and/or being affected by a different .htaccess file. You could also try naming your files WITHOUT starting with numbers, just tos ee if it makes any difference, although I doubt it. To me, it looks like a server cache mechanism gone wrong, and if that is the case, you would have to consider changing hosts ... It's not normal.