Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

filename always visible in gallery popup - how to switch that of?

06 Jan 2021, 04:12

I try and try with some of my galleries whre I do not want the filenames to be displayed, but still the filename keeps being displayed in the popup - I don't know where else to look for options for being disabled ... (i.e. www.architekturfoto.de/orte/berlin-fifty-fifty)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: filename always visible in gallery popup - how to switch that of?

06 Jan 2021, 04:17

Why not just disable the "show caption" option? It is available from Settings > Popup or can also be changed on a per-page basis from Gallery > Popup > Caption settings.

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

06 Jan 2021, 04:31

it's what I try and try _ captions won't go ... (I do not want that generally set, but for certain galleries)

one more thing: for this gallery with its images with white frame I want another image without the frame as preview - don't understand how to do that ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Jan 2021, 05:40

ed_f wrote:it's what I try and try _ captions won't go ... (I do not want that generally set, but for certain galleries)
From where are you trying that? Page settings > Gallery > Popup > Show caption:

I have now disabled captions:
https://www.architekturfoto.de/orte/berlin-fifty-fifty/

As you can see in the same settings, you can also disable specific caption options. For example, in your case, you are using TITLE (enabled by default), and the title will get popuplated from the file name unless a unique title is set. However, since you only have title and want it removed, you might as well just disable the caption.
ed_f wrote:one more thing: for this gallery with its images with white frame I want another image without the frame as preview - don't understand how to do that ...
Well, for X3 to automatically display a preview image from your uploaded image, it will have to create one from the uploaded image. You can't just "show different images, but point to the same original image". Furthermore you would have more problems: When clicking an image, how would the zoom-effect look? Pretty ugly, since it will zoom between two images that are different, and even have different aspect ratios.

This is not logical. There are ways to achieve this, but require a lot of manual work on your side for each image. It's not something any gallery website can do for you.

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

06 Jan 2021, 05:55

sorry, I was somehow lost in all those settings and didn't see the obvious - thank you.

as for the 2nd part: I mean instead of the image displayed here https://architekturfoto.de/orte/ with the white frame I want to display another for that gallery (without the frame) - not shure if you got me right ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Jan 2021, 00:40

ed_f wrote:as for the 2nd part: I mean instead of the image displayed here https://architekturfoto.de/orte/ with the white frame I want to display another for that gallery (without the frame) - not shure if you got me right ...
Understood. Ok, so there is a slight workaround for this, because by default it will simply get an image from that page (with frame) and use as the assigned preview image. You can do this:
  1. In the /berlin-fifty-fifty/ page, upload the image you want to use as preview, WITHOUT frame.
  2. After upload, click the EYE icon on the uploaded image to HIDE the it from the page's gallery.
  3. Then click the FLAG icon on the uploaded image to assign is as preview image for the page.

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

07 Jan 2021, 03:59

hide & flag - great! thank you!