I do not want captions overlays to always start with capitals

31 Dec 2020, 09:50

how can I change that?

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

deleted

31 Dec 2020, 13:45

deleted, because the post I answered upon was deleted.
Last edited by ed_f on 01 Jan 2021, 04:34, edited 2 times in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: I do not want captions overlays to always start with capitals

31 Dec 2020, 23:05

You mean captions in the popup or captions in a gallery layout? Do you have a link?

It's quite normal to enforce Capitalization for titles.

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

01 Jan 2021, 05:16

hi karl,

better new year!

I would mean both, as I like minuscules. take i.e. https://x3.architekturfoto.de/orte/erfurt/. is it possible to change that?

most question found their solution - could I somehow send you a few remaining ones in a personal message or would you prefer I post them all as single requests here? i.e. why there are 2 font sizes in the footer (of which I would prefer the smaller one ...) _ thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Jan 2021, 06:00

ed_f wrote:I would mean both, as I like minuscules. take i.e. https://x3.architekturfoto.de/orte/erfurt/. is it possible to change that?
Ok, so the thing here is that since you did not create a title for your images, X3 will create the title for you based on the filename. When X3 attempts to create a title from filenames, it will Capitalize, replace certain characters (_-) with empty space, and remove the extension. That way, a filename "neuer_weg-2.jpg" will become "Neuer weg 2". So your option here is to actually use the FILENAME instead of TITLE, but first please update your X3 to latest X3.30.0 (Panel > Tools > Updates).

After updating, you can find options in Settings > Popup > Caption that allow you to specifically assign the filename (with or without extension). Likewise, you can find in the page settings > gallery > captions, options to assign "filename" and "filename_ext" instead of "title". This way, X3 will not attempt to make a title from your filenames, but will simply use the filename (with or without extension). That way, you will keep your filenames with lowercase.
ed_f wrote:most question found their solution - could I somehow send you a few remaining ones in a personal message or would you prefer I post them all as single requests here?
Unless the questions are of a private nature, please post in public.
ed_f wrote:i.e. why there are 2 font sizes in the footer (of which I would prefer the smaller one ...) _ thanks!
Simply wrap your text in a <p> paragraph:
Code
<p>all images copyright protected - alle bilder :copyright: ralph hinterkeuser</p>

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

01 Jan 2021, 11:41

perfect - great explanation!