Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

deadesq
Topic Author

Moved X3 to new directory--now broken

08 Apr 2018, 15:56

Hello--great product--I've been using it since V.1.  Very happy with the updates.  

I spent three days setting everything up in a test directory, making sure it all worked correctly.  Then, I moved it into the main directory, and it's broken now.  It only shows two of the index page photos, and clicking on the galleries does not work.  In the admin panel, none of the photo thumbnails are showing now, but I can see the photos when I click on them.  

I suspect it's a caching problem, or perhaps permissions, but I've tried everything I know how do so far.  Can you assist?

Site is at justalittlelight.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Moved X3 to new directory--now broken

09 Apr 2018, 00:18

From looking at your website, I can't see any specific errors. Certainly I can't witness anything "broken". I will need your panel login if you want me to diagnose properly and compare the website vs your panel setup. For example, I see your galleries display the same "assets" folder "galleries", which doesn't quite seem logical.

Can't see any specific cache issues either. Can't diagnose properly unless I see any errors or anything described that is wrong.

Update: I tried to load an image through the resizer:
http://justalittlelight.com/render/w100 ... ainbow.jpg
... it loads the website isntead

There is something strange with your server setup. Even a non-URL:
http://justalittlelight.com/sdfsdfsd/sd ... asdf/asdf/

Seems your website just servers the index page no matter what. I will probably need FTP login to diagnose this.

I wish users would consider our Flamepix X3 hosting , especially now with our PROMO to MATCH the price you pay your current hosting.

deadesq
Topic Author

09 Apr 2018, 10:29

I figured it out.  When I moved everything from the test directory to the root directory, I moved only the visible files, but not the .htaccess file.  The .htaccess file that was in the root directory was from an older Wordpress installation.  Once I moved the .htaccess file that came with X3, everything is working again.  

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Apr 2018, 10:52

Nice! I'm not sure why your diagnostics page did not report the missing .htaccess file, unless there was another htaccess file from Wordpress.

deadesq
Topic Author

10 Apr 2018, 10:55

That was the problem--there was another .htaccess file from Wordpress.  I renamed it and re-ran diagnostics from X3 , but it did not pick up the absence of an .htaccess file.  So, trial and error, I finally figured it out.