Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

TwoKooL
Topic Author

Title, Description and Link with custom sort

01 Apr 2018, 21:07

When I sort my images with the custom option, I am not able to write a new title, description or link. I have to sort them by date, write the fields and then switch back to custom.

Any clue?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Title, Description and Link with custom sort

02 Apr 2018, 01:46

You mean when you are in EDIT mode + custom sort mode, you cannot input anything like in my screenshot below?

TwoKooL
Topic Author

07 Apr 2018, 23:08

That is correct. I can't edit anthing in edit mode when selecting the Sort by Custom option.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Apr 2018, 00:10

TwoKooL wrote:That is correct. I can't edit anthing in edit mode when selecting the Sort by Custom option.
What browser and OS? I will need to ask for link and login to your control panel so I can determine if this is related to your browser or if it's something else.

TwoKooL
Topic Author

08 Apr 2018, 08:54

mjau-mjau wrote:
TwoKooL wrote:That is correct. I can't edit anthing in edit mode when selecting the Sort by Custom option.
What browser and OS? I will need to ask for link and login to your control panel so I can determine if this is related to your browser or if it's something else.
I have tried with Firefox, Edge and Chrome all on Win10 Pro and Win7 Enterprise.

I have also noticed that when I log back in the control panel, the gallery is displayed by name and not custom, like if the Sort by Custom setting doesn't stay in memory.

I sent you the login info in PM.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Apr 2018, 09:55

Definitely works here.

1. I clicked SORT MODE so it was set to CUSTOM.
2. I have dragged images around randomly in custom order:
3. Clicked SAVE.
4. View the specific page, and you can see the order is the same as I have sorted in:
[LINK REMOVED]

In this page gallery sort settings, I notice you had set DESCENDING. That means it would order images REVERSE of your custom order. This is not really logical form CUSTOM ordering, so I changed it to ASCENDING:
I have tried with Firefox, Edge and Chrome all on Win10 Pro and Win7 Enterprise.
Really not sure what the problem is, but it seems to be on your side. Just to avoid any confusion, you are aware that you must be in CUSTOM sort mode in the panel (se my screenshot) to be able to DRAG images? Just because you have set "custom" sort, doesn't mean the panel doesn't allow viewing images in name/date/size orders.
I have also noticed that when I log back in the control panel, the gallery is displayed by name and not custom, like if the Sort by Custom setting doesn't stay in memory.
Not quite sure what you mean. When I refresh the page, it still displays the saved custom sort order:

If I change the view to another ORDER, then yes the order will change in panel of course, but you have still selected custom sort order for this gallery.

TwoKooL
Topic Author

08 Apr 2018, 10:11

The problem is that I can't edit title and description when in custom sort.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Apr 2018, 10:51

Oops sorry. It works here:

Not quite sure what might be the problem. Just for reference and a simple workaround, you don't need to be in custom sort mode when editing captions. You could just click to go into any non-custom sort mode, and add your captions. Your gallery is still custom sorted and designated to be sorted by custom.

TwoKooL
Topic Author

08 Apr 2018, 10:59

Thanks, I will switch to a non-custom mode to edit captions..

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Apr 2018, 11:08

Please can you try to update to X3.24.3?
https://www.photo.gallery/docs/help/updating/

I tried our demo panel (X3.24.3) from https://www.browserling.com/, and it works (explorer/Win), but yours (x3.24.2) does not.