Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

sopax
Experienced
Topic Author

Warning: SAVE!!

16 Jan 2018, 09:55

I have just added text to nearly 100 pictures in a folder when I decided to delete one of them. Gone was the picture - and gone were also all my elaborately composed texts. There is no automatic saving function like in many other programmes, so do remember to save occasionally.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Warning: SAVE!!

16 Jan 2018, 12:41

Apologies for this. I'll be the first to admit the panel is not "advanced enough". However, it should be mentioned that I don't think the problem in this case is that it doesn't autosave ... How does the panel know you have added text that is ready to be saved and displayed on the website? The problem is perhaps more that DELETE should not incur a page-refresh. Alternatively, we would have to add a "save now" button for each image when you start inputting data. Probably both.

But yes, I totally agree with you, and the these things will have to be improved. We do intend to rebuild a much-improved panel from scratch, although I can't give an exact timeline for this yet. Sorry for the obvious shortcoming and thanks for reporting!