X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ewok2
Experienced
Topic Author

Login type Database vs User

02 Mar 2017, 03:01

Hi
What are the benefit to use a Database for the login user vs the User ?
I think I have seen an option only available if Database exist but I can't remenber where ?

If it is link to the multi user, I am interested.

I do not find in the forum a tuto to explan how to change from user to Database...
What is the database recommended...

Thanks by advance

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Login type Database vs User

02 Mar 2017, 05:48

ewok2 wrote:What are the benefit to use a Database for the login user vs the User ?
I think I have seen an option only available if Database exist but I can't remenber where ?
The only difference is basically DB-version is multi-user, and allows user management and user-restrictions (folders).
ewok2 wrote:I do not find in the forum a tuto to explan how to change from user to Database...
If you go to settings -> panel -> Login Type: Use Database, you will see a link that you can click for more information. Here is the info:
Panel Database Version
The panel database version offers a few advantages: Create- users, manage users, and edit user profiles directly from the control panel.
* The panel database version does not have anything to do with the X3 frontend.
How to setup panel database version
  1. Create New Database
    Create a new database, typically from your server control panel, or from phpMyAdmin. You can use any database name, for example "x3_panel".
  2. Test Connection
    Before saving database settings in the panel, you should verify your database connection with the X3 /panel/db_check.php.
  3. Add Database Details
    Add database connection details to panel settings (this page). You will automatically be logged out from the panel after clicking save.
  4. Install Panel DB
    Proceed to the X3 /panel/install/ page, and install the X3 panel database.
  5. Login
    Login to the panel with your new admin credentials set from the install process.
  6. Delete install folder
    If everything works, log in by FTP, and delete the "panel/install" folder.
ewok2 wrote:What is the database recommended...
MySQL

ewok2
Experienced
Topic Author

02 Mar 2017, 15:28

It seem's that by user you mean to authorise multiple user to creat differents photo gallery (manage by the same instance of X3 gallery...
Do you have in x3 gallery the possibility to authorise a user "A" to see only a part of the gallery and a user "B" to see all of the gallery ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Mar 2017, 01:11

ewok2 wrote:It seem's that by user you mean to authorise multiple user to creat differents photo gallery (manage by the same instance of X3 gallery...
Basically yes. The X3 panel USER system allows multiple admin users to create pages/galleries, optionally restricted to subfolders. Panel users has no relation to the X3 website itself.
ewok2 wrote:Do you have in x3 gallery the possibility to authorise a user "A" to see only a part of the gallery and a user "B" to see all of the gallery ?
Sorry, no. Panel users are only for panel access, and have no effect on the X3 website. You can create password-logins for X3 pages, but that is not related to panel-users.