Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

How can i resize the preview picture in the Menu?

30 Dec 2015, 06:43

How can i resize the preview picture in the Menu? The Style is carousel.

The preview pictures was so big. I found nothing to change or set the preview size. I can crop but not set the width or Height.

Regard
Danjel

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: How can i resize the preview picture in the Menu?

30 Dec 2015, 10:23

hardliner wrote:How can i resize the preview picture in the Menu? The Style is carousel.

The preview pictures was so big. I found nothing to change or set the preview size. I can crop but not set the width or Height.
It's just like a grid layout. You don't set width per item, but you can set amount of items:
If you set 4 items, then obviously the preview images will be smaller, to fill the width area. The crop still applies, but will basically affect the height of the image in the carousel.

So basically, you choose AMOUNT of items to display in the carousel, which indirectly affects the width of each image.

lowagie
Experienced

22 May 2016, 09:48

Hi,

I have the same settings for both my menus "destinations" & "people". check www.photolowagie.com
carousel.PNG
carousel.PNG (5.56 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
i would expect the same size in the menu, but it's not.
any idea how to fix this?

Thijs

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 May 2016, 12:42

You have only 3 sub pages in the "people" folder, so what kinda layout did you expect here? It will obviously need to "downsize" to 3 columns, to suit the carousel. Not quite sure what you expected here ... It won't scale down the 3 columns to match the size of your other menu with 5 items no. I suggest using a different crop for this page unless you are going to add more folders.

lowagie
Experienced

22 May 2016, 13:52

I would expect they have the same size, no matter how many items are in there. so you get the same menu feeling if you have 2-3 or 5 items in there.

If you have 5 in the list, the height is OK, if you have less, the height in this aspect ratio is too big. So I would like to set a fixed height (+/- value of 5-6 items with 2-1 aspect ratio).

Thijs

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 May 2016, 14:55

lowagie wrote:I would expect they have the same size, no matter how many items are in there. so you get the same menu feeling if you have 2-3 or 5 items in there.
Why? So you are saying that all other users who want to use only 3 items in their menus should suddenly be limited by a much smaller width for their menu items then? What if you have 8 columns ... They should also be the same size as your 5-column items? how would that work?

This is a responsive menu system, that adapts the width of items based on how many columns you have inside. A user who sets 8 columns, will naturally expect to see the available width shared between all 8 items, thus the items will obviously scale down ... Similarly, the layout adjusts nicely to fit your 5 columns ... yet you expect it to somehow act differently when you only have 3 columns.
lowagie wrote:If you have 5 in the list, the height is OK, if you have less, the height in this aspect ratio is too big. So I would like to set a fixed height (+/- value of 5-6 items with 2-1 aspect ratio).
Sorry, it just doesn't work like that. You can't just put 3 items in a menu, add 1:2 "tall" crop, and expect the menu to magically adjust the width of itself, and height of images based on some unknown factor. In most cases, everyone wants the menu items to populate the available width.