Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

bphotos
Experienced

Re: New Release X3.28.0 :koala:

01 Apr 2020, 18:16

mjau-mjau wrote: Works here:
No Karl, It doesn't work in Firefox, but a lot of peoples at this moment use Firefox.
This is a big problem for me.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

01 Apr 2020, 23:48

bphotos wrote:Unfortunately it is only empty screen without any background and e.t.c. ((
Im frustrated *(
Definitely works fine. Check Pingdom:
https://tools.pingdom.com/#5c4e3f4bfcc00000

some things you could check:
  • Check from a different device.
  • Try to open in "private" browser window (called "incognito" in Chrome).
  • Empty your browser cache.
  • In Chrome, open View > Developer > Javascript console, and reload the page. See any errors? Also click the "network" tab and refresh the page.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Apr 2020, 00:06

Claude-Alain wrote:I'm gonna PM you my panel access details. Thanks
Thanks. Successfully updated to X3.28.0 ...
***.ch/Imagevue_X3/Gallery/Landscape/Europe/

The problem was that you had enabled "split view" gallery for that page. WHY that was not working in your X3.24 version, I don't know, but it worked in X3.28.0. I disabled it.

metallissimus
Experienced

02 Apr 2020, 09:29

bphotos wrote:
metallissimus wrote:
bphotos wrote: After installing the update x3.28.0.
I have a problem with a refreshing (F5) my page https://belovephotos.com/pricing/ . The browser shows me a white screen.
I can confirm that (Mac, Firefox 74.0). But I have no problem of that sort on my own site or any other page of belovephotos. Actually I think the screen isn't white, it's the background color.
Unfortunately it is only empty screen without any background and e.t.c. ((
Im frustrated *(
It's not white for me:

And all the code shows when I right-click and select "Show source code".
What I realized now when opening the page twice for comparison: It only loads once, second click on your link opens the (seemingly) empty new tab. And now after closing both tabs I can't load it via the link at all.
Further test: Copying the link to a new private window doesn't work either. Somehow the page seems to be only accessible via menu and not via deeplink.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Apr 2020, 00:41

metallissimus wrote:Further test: Copying the link to a new private window doesn't work either. Somehow the page seems to be only accessible via menu and not via deeplink.
Quoting @matallissmus, but mainly answering @bphotos. I can't reproduce the above either, but I noticed some issues that are complicating matters:

1. Preload website
First of all, you have preload website set to "create", but seems you forgot to "create siteobject" recently? The site object doesn't match your updated pages. You need to go to go to Tools > Preload > Create Site Object. Really though, if you don't remember to always do this after you make changes, you should instead go to Settings > Advanced > Preload website, and set to AUTO. At this point, you outdated page fragments in the site object, which could easily cause issues, as this data gets stored in the browser also.

2. Embedded form
If the above does not resolve the issue, please temporarily remove the custom external form from that page. That is the only difference from this page and other pages.

I'm pretty sure one of the above is related to your issue.

Claude-Alain

03 Apr 2020, 03:00

mjau-mjau wrote:
Claude-Alain wrote:I'm gonna PM you my panel access details. Thanks
Thanks. Successfully updated to X3.28.0 ...
***.ch/Imagevue_X3/Gallery/Landscape/Europe/

The problem was that you had enabled "split view" gallery for that page. WHY that was not working in your X3.24 version, I don't know, but it worked in X3.28.0. I disabled it.
Thanks a lot for the support!

bphotos
Experienced

07 Apr 2020, 18:33

mjau-mjau wrote:
metallissimus wrote:Further test: Copying the link to a new private window doesn't work either. Somehow the page seems to be only accessible via menu and not via deeplink.
Quoting @matallissmus, but mainly answering @bphotos. I can't reproduce the above either, but I noticed some issues that are complicating matters:

1. Preload website
First of all, you have preload website set to "create", but seems you forgot to "create siteobject" recently? The site object doesn't match your updated pages. You need to go to go to Tools > Preload > Create Site Object. Really though, if you don't remember to always do this after you make changes, you should instead go to Settings > Advanced > Preload website, and set to AUTO. At this point, you outdated page fragments in the site object, which could easily cause issues, as this data gets stored in the browser also.

2. Embedded form
If the above does not resolve the issue, please temporarily remove the custom external form from that page. That is the only difference from this page and other pages.

Before the updates, everything worked without any problems.
I did preload many times and changed the preload website setting to Auto. has the same result
Karl, how you can see metallissimus  has the same result.
Last edited by bphotos on 07 Apr 2020, 18:50, edited 2 times in total.

bphotos
Experienced

07 Apr 2020, 18:36

metallissimus wrote:
bphotos wrote:
metallissimus wrote:
I can confirm that (Mac, Firefox 74.0). But I have no problem of that sort on my own site or any other page of belovephotos. Actually I think the screen isn't white, it's the background color.
Unfortunately it is only empty screen without any background and e.t.c. ((
Im frustrated *(
It's not white for me:

And all the code shows when I right-click and select "Show source code".
What I realized now when opening the page twice for comparison: It only loads once, second click on your link opens the (seemingly) empty new tab. And now after closing both tabs I can't load it via the link at all.
Further test: Copying the link to a new private window doesn't work either. Somehow the page seems to be only accessible via menu and not via deeplink.
Unfortunately 100% what I have :(((

bphotos
Experienced

07 Apr 2020, 19:01

bphotos wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:

1. Preload website

2. Embedded form

Before the updates, everything worked without any problems.
I did preload many times and changed the preload website setting to Auto. has the same result
Karl, how you can see metallissimus  has the same result.
Without this external form the page works fine, BUT before the updates page works with this form.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

07 Apr 2020, 23:49

bphotos wrote:Without this external form the page works fine, BUT before the updates page works with this form.
Clearly shouldn't we then be diagnosing that? Check console for errors etc. If there are errors with external scripts, that are not related to X3, I can't "fix that in X3". If it worked earlier or not is somewhat irrelevant ... Might be some tiny timing-issue.

We can do some diagnosing together if you like. Please come to CHAT (see chat icon bottom right on this page). The reason we need to do it together, is because I can't reproduce it from here (unless there is some recipe to reproduce it). I will be asking for login to your panel, and I will have to look into your custom script, and we will test results and check for console errors. If the error is related to the external form script, surely you should be diagnosing that? Just because it worked before (it still works here), doesn't mean the problem isn't related to the form.

InoculateIT
Experienced

02 May 2020, 08:49

Hi
I just upgrade the site with the latest version and my site has become extremely low loading now :(

Is there any changes or settings i missed?

Once ts loaded, it is going fast, but then when i close my browser or try another one the problem is back :(
The spelling mistakes has been inserted automatically of consideration to the people who find a great pleasure to search for it...

InoculateIT
Experienced

02 May 2020, 09:03

www.fotoskuret.dk

First page cheasing me, and works on/off the other pages is very slow :(
The spelling mistakes has been inserted automatically of consideration to the people who find a great pleasure to search for it...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 May 2020, 09:10

InoculateIT wrote: www.fotoskuret.dk
First page cheasing me, and works on/off the other pages is very slow :(
I found the link. I can confirm it's incredibly slow, but this does not seem related to the latest release X3.28.0. It might have seemed faster earlier because all pages were cached (as you know, X3 caches page output).

To me, this just looks like an incredibly slow server ... Or something wrong on server. Once pages are cached, request time is a fraction of a second, but new pages seem to take 20-60 seconds to get created. No logic to that except something on server. I would need FTP login to diagnose this properly. I would probably have to setup a test X3, including an earlier version (which I think is unrelated). Then I would do some basic speed tests on your server simply looping images. Sorry, but my guess up front, is that there is something very wrong on your server.

InoculateIT
Experienced

02 May 2020, 09:15

Thanks for confirm the site i slow :)

I will give it a try and see how it acts tomorrow then .

Nomally it is very fast, I just noticed it after the update today :)

I will write tomorrow how it looks ;)

Right now the server im on is working hard due to my site:(

I/O Usage
4,8 MB/s / 5 MB/s (96,02%)

Physical Memory Usage
850,36 MB / 1 GB (83,04%)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 May 2020, 09:32

Trying again, and it seems fast now. See response time from UNCACHED pages (eg. pages that are CREATED by X3):

Full page load, response time 0.14 seconds.

JASON (ajax) page load, response time  0.15 seconds.

For reference, output time when page is already cached 0.003 seconds.

As you can see, it's fast, and this is normal X3 speeds. If your server was outputting pages at 60 seconds instead of 0.15 seconds (as tests above show), your server must have been under severe stress for a period of time. As you can see with X3, even uncached, pages output fast.