X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

InoculateIT
Experienced

Re: New Release X3.28.0 :koala:

02 May 2020, 09:36

Thanks again :)

Looks like its up running fast again, or I hope so :D
The spelling mistakes has been inserted automatically of consideration to the people who find a great pleasure to search for it...

InoculateIT
Experienced

02 May 2020, 15:32

Hi again

I noticed when I upload pictures, its the whole site that slows down again, so im wondering if its recache the whole site when just 1 picture is uploaded :(

Is there some settings I can do on the server to prevent that makes the trouble?
The spelling mistakes has been inserted automatically of consideration to the people who find a great pleasure to search for it...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 May 2020, 23:26

InoculateIT wrote:I noticed when I upload pictures, its the whole site that slows down again, so im wondering if its recache the whole site when just 1 picture is uploaded :(
It doesn't quite make sense.

Yes, when you upload a photo or edit a page, all page-cache will invalidate. That's because one change on any page, may affect other pages, and also the main menu. However, even when pages need to get re-created, they are created fast. You can see in my screenshot from yesterday, how uncached pages are processed at 0.15 seconds, while cached pages are processed at 0.0025 seconds. Cleary cached pages are served much faster, but re-creating pages in X3 (0.15 seconds on your server) is nothing even close to matching the slow loading times you are seeing (and I saw).

This is how it works in all X3 websites, after updating or after editing pages. Re-creating pages is not slow at all, but cache is simply blazing fast, that's why we use that also.

X3 doesn't automatically "create cache" after you upload pictures. It will recreate cache for pages as they are requested by visitors to each page, like in my screenshots. As you can see, a "normal" creation time is around 0.15 seconds ... If it's going to take much longer on that, it means there is a different process on your server. Surely you don't have 1000 simultaneous visitors requesting uncached pages at the same time?

There is something bringing your server to your knees.
  • It's not page-processing, unless you are using some crawler application that crawls through all the links in your website in parallel. That's the only reason your server could become unresponsive.
  • Another thing to mention is images. Images will resize slowly (relative to server speed), and if your server is resizing hundreds of images, it could become unresponsive. However, image cache does not get recreated after editing/updating pages ... Image cache only gets "created" on demand, for newly uploaded images. You are not deleting
Either you are triggering some kinda abnormal process, or something with server. This cache revalidation is entirely normal, and is not affecting other X3 websites, even ones with heavy content. Sorry, I can't make any further suggestions. By all normal X3 processes, there is nothing that could cause your pages to load as slow as it does (uncached). There must be some external influence (server or event).

You could try to downgrade to X3.27.6, but I don't see that being related. Download x3_updater.php, uploading into X3 root, and then run fotoskuret.dk/x3_updater.php?v=X3.27.6.

As an option, you can always consider moving your website to our flamepix.com with price-match offer. Problem solved.

InoculateIT
Experienced

03 May 2020, 03:53

Hi M8 :)

I tried your solution and downgrade the site, and its worked :(
So there is something in the upgrade my hotel dosn't like :(

you can see if you can see anything on my provider?
https://chosting.dk/en/

I thank you for the offer on flamepix, but i got more sites with other contents and has several mail accounts to my friends :)
Last edited by InoculateIT on 03 May 2020, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.

InoculateIT
Experienced

03 May 2020, 04:00

Maybe I should just try re-install the site from the beginning :D

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 May 2020, 09:04

InoculateIT wrote:I tried your solution and downgrade the site, and its worked :(
So there is something in the upgrade my hotel dosn't like :(
Nothing changed. It's definitely not related to the update. One uncached page took 40 seconds to load:

Images taking up to 1 minute to load:

This is not related to version. But it's proportional with loading lots of stuff at the same time. You will see the slowdown if you Load one page, scroll down and start loading lots of images, and then try to load another page. The only thing I can think of, is if for some reason your images are being recreated all the time. For that, you would need to check the cache/images dir, and check the dates ... It's not related to X3 version or pages ... Yesterday, I saw uncached pages loading fast, and today I can still see uncached pages loading extremely slow.

Unless there is some major flaw that images are not getting cached, this server is simply too slow for processing images. I could check more with panel access or FTP access.
InoculateIT wrote:you can see if you can see anything on my provider?
Sorry, no. It's not like X3 requires anything special. X3 was designed to create pages quickly, and when cached, even faster, also on shared servers. The only thing that cannot speed up, is resizing of images. Since resizing creates a CPU-queue after many requests, it's the only thing that can be slowing down so that pages are not output faster either. However, even loading/processing images is incredibly slow.

torobouk
Experienced

08 May 2020, 03:53

Updated today i will have a look of the new features,
Tk's Karl for the huge work.

RonnieB

25 May 2020, 02:25

Hi,

I have the same problem here.
When uploading images, it always is shown in Landscape.

But, in my work I do a lot of testing.
I have the problem in MS Edge and NOT in FireFox.
I didn't try Chrome.

Another difference is that when I upload an image in Edge, the photo is sorted on top. In FireFox at the bottem (which I prefer)

Ronnie

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 May 2020, 04:02

RonnieB wrote:I have the same problem here.
Same as what? It seems your problems is related to image orientation? I can't see any other mention in this topic about this.
RonnieB wrote:When uploading images, it always is shown in Landscape.

But, in my work I do a lot of testing.
I have the problem in MS Edge and NOT in FireFox.
I didn't try Chrome.
The problem is because your images are not rotated correctly. Instead, the rotation value is stored in the image's EXIF meta data. SOME browsers support reading the EXIF rotation, and some don't, and that's why you see different rotations in different browsers. The only proper solution, is to correctly rotate your images BEFORE uploading them ... You can read more about this in my reply here:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=9968&start=15#p45730

You need to either rotate before upload, or make sure you use the "x3 resizer" on upload, to make sure images are correctly oriented.
RonnieB wrote:Another difference is that when I upload an image in Edge, the photo is sorted on top. In FireFox at the bottem (which I prefer)
Not quite sure what you mean. Images will display in the sort order as you have set it in your panel. If it's different between Firefox and Edge, it means you have different SORT selected for each browser. Besides, the way images are sorted in panel (dynamic), does not reflect how they are sorted on actual the website page.