Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Files App :new:

10 Mar 2020, 07:09

Howdy folks :wave: Long time no X3 updates! I have been busy with a new single-file PHP app simply called Files, which I plan to expand into X3 panel v2.0. Files app also has many cool features that will be imported into X3, including live search/filter, live sort, modern CSS-only grid layouts, popup slideshow and more. For now, Files has been released as a standalone app, as I will be getting back to X3 updates with immediate effect. X3 updates coming soon!

Files App Intro
Files is a fast-loading single-file PHP app that can be dropped into any dir on server, instantly creating a gallery of files and folders. It supports all file types and allows you to preview images, video, audio and code. You can search and sort files in real-time and toggle gallery/list layouts

:arrow_right: View Demo or visit website www.files.gallery for more info.

Features
  • Single file. Simply drop it into any directory on server!
  • Search and sort files in real-time.
  • Advanced list and gallery layouts that can be toggled in real-time.
  • Preview IPTC, EXIF and GPS maps for your photos.
  • Fast loading using cache mechanisms and CDN.
  • Advanced tree-menu navigation displays entire directory structure.
  • Beautiful code highlighter to view and edit code formats.
  • Optional login to protect access.
  • FUTURE FEATURES: File-management (upload, move, copy, delete, zip, unzip), IPTC editor, panorama viewer, multi-user login, batch-resize images, image editor (crop,resize, rotate), automatic multi-language, video-thumbnails, favorites folder, watermarking tool and much more. The ultimate Swiss army-knife file tool/viewer/manager  :smile:
Usage Examples
  • Instantly create a gallery of all your files and folders. No setup required!
  • Preview images, video, audio and code.
  • Share files and images with clients, friends or family.
  • Use as a simple yet beautiful and modern gallery on your website.
  • Preview IPTC, EXIF, GPS, dimensions and size for your photos.
  • Manage files and folders directly on your server. * Coming soon!
  • Faster and more comfortable than using FTP!
More Demo's Requirements
  • Any web server with PHP 5.5 or higher and PHP extensions GD and mbstring.
  • Files app works in all modern browsers Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Edge, as well as almost all mobile devices. Files app does NOT work in Internet Explorer (which is discontinued since Explorer 11).
  • Although Files app is a single file that loads files locally, it still requires an internet connection to load Javascripts from CDN jsdelivr.com.
Download
Please visit www.files.gallery to download the Files app.

Support
Please use the new photo gallery Files forum for questions, feedback and support.

Subscribe
Please sign up for the Newsletter to get Files App updates.

Please let me know what you think! :star:Would be great to get some feedback, and even more amazing to see live links to where you guys are trying the app, so I can check how it works in real-life scenarios.

---

A few more screenshots:

Sortable list-layout with beautiful icons.

Toggle gallery layouts in real time. Screenshot from small grid layout.

Search and sort files and dirs in real-time.

Code editor and highlighter.

Unlimited folder depth.

Supports file names and characters in any language.

Optional login.

Optimized for mobile devices.

:kissing_heart:

$winter

Re: :new: Files App + Status Update

10 Mar 2020, 07:47

Wow nice !!! Thanks alot! 

GeoPal
Experienced

10 Mar 2020, 15:17

Excellent! Thank you!

alex.p

11 Mar 2020, 04:55

I just made a short test including speed tests. This tool is awesome fast and easy to use. Really really great work.

MetAtroN
Experienced

11 Mar 2020, 08:48

It's really great, but I have a question - how to password protect it? 

EDIT:
Found it in the code ;)

Code
  // login
  const username = '';
  const password = '';
  // Add password directly or use https://tinyfilemanager.github.io/docs/pwd.html to encrypt the password (encrypted password is more secure, as it prevents your password from being exposed directly in a file).

tomrock
Experienced

Re: Files App :new:

31 Mar 2020, 14:08

This is great. Is there a maximum size it can use? I uploaded a few full-size jpgs from a 42-meg camera and it never made thumbnails of those files. If I click the generic thumbnail, the file shows properly.

Is there any documentation? I changed 
Code
const menu_enabled = false; //thr changed from true
const menu_show = false; //thr changed from true
And the menu still shows up.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

01 Apr 2020, 01:37

tomrock wrote:Is there a maximum size it can use? I uploaded a few full-size jpgs from a 42-meg camera and it never made thumbnails of those files.
This is a bit of a conundrum. If you want to be able to create thumbnails from 42-meg images, you would require a very powerful server (or be using your own desktop as server), and you might have to extend the memory_limit in your PHP settings (likely set to 100 MB) to avoid silent errors when there is insufficient memory to resize massive images. Also, keep in mind, it would be quite slow to resize 42-meg images (until they get cached).

Of course, it might work, and the positive side is that thumbnails would get cached after first resize. Open index.php and locate the line:
Code
const image_resize_max_filesize = 10000000; // 10 MB
Change it to a much higher number, for instance 100000000:
Code
const image_resize_max_filesize = 100000000; // 100MB
Depending on your server resources, it might work, or it might silently fail.

The other option (besides generic thumbnail or resizing), is to use the original image directly as a thumbnail. Although this works, it's very ineffective and unproductive. It would basically load the full image (for example 50MB) just to use as a thumbnail ... If you got 20 images on server, that could be 20 x 50MB = 1GB ... Also, it would make the layout exceptionally sluggish in browser. Essentially, this is a bad idea for massive images, but if you want to try, locate the line:
Code
const load_images_max_filesize = 1000000; // 1MB
In the above, it will never load original images > 1MB directly into the layout. It will load images smaller than 1MB, unless they are resized (which they likely are, until a certain lower limit). Try change it to 100MB:
Code
const load_images_max_filesize = 100000000; // 100MB
tomrock wrote:If I click the generic thumbnail, the file shows properly.
The original image will always load when thumbnail is clicked. Problem is, it's a bad idea to load originals into the layout.
tomrock wrote:Is there any documentation? I changed 
Code
const menu_enabled = false; //thr changed from true
const menu_show = false; //thr changed from true
And the menu still shows up.
May I ask what "menu" you are referring to? These menu settings refer to the LEFT sidebar menu that represents your subfolders. If there are no subfolders, these settings will have no effect because the menu will automatically be hidden.

I tried from here. With menu_enabled = true;

menu_enabled = false;

menu_show is just if you want the left menu open or closed by default.

Documentation not yet, but will come. Also, I would prefer to build settings directly into the app, so you can set them from some settings page ...

tomrock
Experienced

01 Apr 2020, 16:20

Thanks, Karl, I wondered if it might be a server issue. I don't need to show files that big, I just grabbed some available jpegs and uploaded them to see your new tool. 

The "menu" I was talking about is the horizontal bar at the top of the screen. I'd use Files to show files rather than to build a site and my viewers wouldn't need to change sort order or the display of the thumbnails. I noticed in the "update" button in the upper-right the warning that updating would get rid of any custom settings I had made and I just assumed that editing index.php was how one made changes.

Thanks again!

Tom

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

01 Apr 2020, 23:57

tomrock wrote:The "menu" I was talking about is the horizontal bar at the top of the screen. I'd use Files to show files rather than to build a site and my viewers wouldn't need to change sort order or the display of the thumbnails.
I could always add an option to disable the topbar since it is non-vital. Keep in mind, I will be adding more features to the topbar, so disabling it will effectively disable a lot of non-essential functionality.
tomrock wrote:I noticed in the "update" button in the upper-right the warning that updating would get rid of any custom settings I had made and I just assumed that editing index.php was how one made changes.
You saw the update button? :thinking: That should only show if there are updates newer than your current version. Did I mismatch something?

YES editing index.php is currently how you modify settings. However, this is not optimal, because it's clumsy to edit the index.php and it means config is not portable and will be overwritten on update. I intend to create an external config file, which gets created from a "settings" section in the app, and which remains after updating.

This is a work in progress!

tomrock
Experienced

03 Apr 2020, 09:52

You saw the update button? Image That should only show if there are updates newer than your current version. Did I mismatch something?
Yes, it's there. It's a bell-shaped icon.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Apr 2020, 10:44

tomrock wrote:Yes, it's there. It's a bell-shaped icon.
Noted. Release 0.0.4 is just a few changes to some comments in the code. If you update (from the bell icon), you would need to first copy your settings from index.php. I hope soon that all settings will be moved to an external file, so that updating does not overwrite existing user settings.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

17 Apr 2020, 09:55

Files app version 0.1.0 was released:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=9968

Unblind
Experienced

17 Apr 2020, 12:48

Sehr geil! Danke!
liebe Grüße
Unblind

jorgep

15 May 2020, 22:51

Feature Request:  Disable download  option  as well as  disable right click

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

15 May 2020, 23:43

jorgep wrote:Feature Request:  Disable download  option  as well as  disable right click
:thumbsup: