Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

jorgep

Re: Files App :new:

20 May 2020, 10:23

What is the best way to add a header (html code) to the FilesApp page ?

Trying to add something simple like this:
Code
<Table><tr><td><h3>Page Title</h3></td><td>Follow me on Instagram <a href="someURL">SomeInstagramAccount</a></td></tr></table>
I would like it to be across the entire page not just on top of one of the sections... 

Although it works below the line: 
Code
  <nav id="topbar"
it is not across the whole top (only the right hand side)   --   When I put it above the line - it is across the whole top, but as I scroll it disappears...

Thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 May 2020, 21:26

Unfortunately, Files app is not meant to work like this. You can't just modify HTML in the PHP and expect it to work. It might causes errors, because the javascript expects a specific order of items. Besides, the topbar has some properties that make it "fixed" (eg. shows on scroll up). Where exactly are you trying to add  the custom html? ... below the topbar, above the gallery? 

I had some ideas about this for a future update. Maybe some HTML file that can be "included" dynamically, global and/or on a per-folder basis. For example, you might want to include a title and short description for all/some folders, in which case Files app could look for a file page.html or page.json in each folder. Ideas.

On a side note, it sounds like you are using Files app like a website so to speak? Nothing wrong with that, although Files app will always focus on being a functional utility tool. I do have plans to create a new "gallery" app, which will be very similar to Files app (a branch), except it will have more customization (styles, custom text etc).

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

26 Aug 2020, 04:37

jorgep wrote:Feature Request:  Disable download  option  as well as  disable right click
Added in latest Files app release 0.2!
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=10027

New option prevent_right_click prevents right-clicking an image, while context_menu set to false will disable the context menu altogether.

jorgep

16 Nov 2020, 17:10

THANK YOU! --- Love it!    Bought it!  Can't wait for future releases!