Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: X3 Panorama Plugin [X3.26.0 Beta]

30 Jan 2019, 03:18

Looks great! Happy that equirect format is working so nicely. 8K images are looking good.
GeoPal wrote:Info button - on Windows, you have info next to the Name of panorama and on the top right also- is there a way to display only on of these. I don't mind it, just curious.
But surely you have been in panorama settings and ADDED the info button? By default, the info button is disabled, and the info modal is only accessible by clicking the title. Remove the info button from your settings?
GeoPal wrote:Direct upload of 8k jpg. I think I had GPS tags, but it didn't catch them, will double check from another software with the geotagging. But I think it is even easier to put "geo" tag in the parameters, great option!
According to metapicz, no geo location:
http://metapicz.com/#landing?imgsrc=htt ... 20copy.jpg
GeoPal wrote:Havne't tested with flat images yet, but the old gigapixels work just fine with the new release.
Currently working on automated support for pano2vr and krpano, in which case X3 will read the pano.xml config and automatically configure the flat gigapixel panorama for X3. X3.27.1 should be out shortly, perhaps tomorrow.

GeoPal
Experienced

30 Jan 2019, 03:43

mjau-mjau wrote:
GeoPal wrote:Haven't tested with flat images yet, but the old gigapixels work just fine with the new release.
Currently working on automated support for pano2vr and krpano, in which case X3 will read the pano.xml config and automatically configure the flat gigapixel panorama for X3. X3.27.1 should be out shortly, perhaps tomorrow.
Wow...that is a wow, thanks, appreciate it!
About geotags, I had previously uploaded panos with geotag, and it recognizes them:
Barcelona port
@Martin, thank you! Glad you like them! Now that the pano plugin is working smoothly I have hundreds of panos to upload :)
Best, G

Martin
Experienced

30 Jan 2019, 04:40

GeoPal wrote:
...I have hundreds of panos to upload :)
 That's a Wow too :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

05 Feb 2019, 08:12

X3.27.1
X3.27.1 was released today with the following improvements to the panorama plugin:

1. Support for Krpano and Pano2VR config
X3 can now read pano.xml config files exported from popular tools Krpano and Pano2VR. This means you don't need to manually configure "parameters" for flat panoramas if your folder already contains a pano.xml config file. X3 will check if this file exists, and then extract necessary information to correctly render the flat panorama in X3. For example:
  1. You have placeholder image myflatpano.jpg
  2. You have a folder _myflatpano
  3. You have config file _myflatpano/pano.xml
Done! No parameters required. The parameters that are automatically calculated from pano.xml are tilesize, levels and url_format (with zero_padding and index_start calculated from the url_format). You can still use parameters if you want, in which case they will override parameters calculated from the pano.xml config. You may still wish to use other parameters like path to point to the folder that contains the flat panorama, or to point to a remote path (CDN or different server).

Optionally, if your panorama tiles are stored on a remote PATH (CDN), you can upload a config xml file that matches the name of the placeholder image, for example myflatpano.jpg => myflatpano.xml. You would then simply use parameter path=http://remotehost.com/flat/pano.

2. Extensive url_format
The url_format parameter (used for flat panorama's) now supports formats directly from Krpano and Pano2VR. For example, Krpano format "pano.tiles/l1/%00v/l1_%00v_%00h.jpg" will automatically convert to "pano.tiles/{z}/{y}/{z}_{y}_{x}.jpg" while Pano2VR format "tiles/project/cf_%c/l_%l/c_%x/tile_%y.jpg" will automatically convert to "tiles/project/cf_0/l_{z}/c_{x}/tile_{y}.jpg". This means you no longer need to figure out the url_format yourself. Furthermore, index_start and zero_padding parameters are now calculated from the url_format, so these parameters are no longer required.

3. zero_padding and index_start deprecated
The zero_padding and index_start parameters are no longer used since their values are now automatically extracted from the url_format. The parameters are still available, in case you are adding panoramas exported from unknown tools, and X3 still uses their values internally. Furthermore, default values for these parameters has been set to 0 ... The only reason these parameters existed in the first place, was to support Krpano, which uses an unknown amount of 00's in url counters, and starts level indexing at 1 (instead of 0). Pano2VR doesn't use zero's to pad counters, and level indexing starts at 0, which should be the default. PS! If you have already added Krpano projects, and there is no pano.xml file, and you did not apply index_start and zero_padding, you may now need to apply them.

4. Automatic support for panorama folder paths that start with _underscore
X3 will now automatically match placeholder images with folders that start with _underscore. For example, if you have placeholder image mypano.jpg, X3 will check if directory /_mypano/ exists, and assume it is the path for your multi-res FLAT or CUBE panorama (unless you set a custom path).

5. Flat pin levels
To remedy a low level of caching and pinning tiles for flat panoramas [see post], we have added an option pin_levels [screenshot]. By default, [pin_levels=2] TWO levels (level 0 and 1) are now pinned and preloaded into texture memory when the flat panorama starts. This will make sure that at least second level is available as fallback when navigating the panorama at higher zoom. Depending on the width of your levels, you might consider setting pin_levels=3. From docs:
X3 Docs wrote:The number of levels to preload into panorama texture. Pinned levels will always remain in memory as fallback while loading higher level tiles, and will not be evicted. By default, TWO levels are preloaded.

Be careful with this setting. If you attempt to preload too many levels, you could force a visitor to start loading several 100 MB of files, which will be awfully slow obviously.

pin_levels can be assigned directly from a panorama's parameters:
Code
pin_levels=3
6. Fixed so that buttons and links used in panorama captions are clickable from the panorama gallery layout [see post].
7. Fixed pano EXIF background color for all X3 skins [see post].

GeoPal
Experienced

05 Feb 2019, 09:49

Updating...
Test of pano2vr and krpano outputs coming soon!
Thanks Karl for all the effort!
Best, G

Coolhand
Experienced

05 Feb 2019, 09:57

Great news! 
Tests will follow soon!

Thx

voyezvousca
Experienced

05 Feb 2019, 11:12

Hi !!

Thank you for the update !! it's much more simple now, very good !!! 

For the pin_levels=x it's a little better, i will write in the flat pano post ;)
My website using x3 : https://bit.ly/2EMEmNq
« La photographie est une brève complicité entre la prévoyance et le hasard. »

pbhq

07 Feb 2019, 14:20

Hi Karl,

I also have a small suggestion regarding the use of PhotoGallery specifically with a Windows webserver:

Could you comment out line 1188 in slir.class.php?
Code
if($symlinkToPath && function_exists('symlink') && (file_exists($cacheFilePath) || symlink($symlinkToPath, $cacheFilePath))){
     return TRUE;
}
So with the query on Windows:
Code
if (\strtoupper(\substr(PHP_OS, 0, 3)) === 'WIN') 

Best wishes, Thomas

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

07 Feb 2019, 22:47

pbhq wrote:I also have a small suggestion regarding the use of PhotoGallery specifically with a Windows webserver:

Could you comment out line 1188 in slir.class.php?
Code
if($symlinkToPath && function_exists('symlink') && (file_exists($cacheFilePath) || symlink($symlinkToPath, $cacheFilePath))){
     return TRUE;
}
So with the query on Windows:
Code
if (\strtoupper(\substr(PHP_OS, 0, 3)) === 'WIN') 
Perhaps some explanation what it is you are trying to achieve? By replacing the conditions with a check for windows, the function will stop processing on Windows, and new cache images will not get created. With the code replaced on non-Window servers, how will it check if the symlink or cache exists? It would recreate image cache for all requests.

Symlink() function exists on Windows also, although it does not always work according to spec. Also, you can DISABLE symlink cache from Panel > Settings > Advanced [screenshot]

pbhq

08 Feb 2019, 08:55

mjau-mjau wrote:Also, you can DISABLE symlink cache from Panel > Settings > Advanced[/url]
Symlink is already disabled and I have still a bunch of error messages. That was the reason for commenting out the line ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

08 Feb 2019, 10:23

pbhq wrote:Symlink is already disabled and I have still a bunch of error messages. That was the reason for commenting out the line ...
Thanks for letting me know. Can you tell me exactly what error messages you see? Also, can you tell me exactly what server this is? Is it Microsoft IIS? WAMP (Apache)?

I was studying the code after your request, and I see there is one issue ... Even with symlink request cache disabled, it is trying to create a symlink(), even if the symlink is not used. This is likely what is causing the error on your side, although I would still be curious to know exactly why you are getting an error when symlink() is called.

Another thing, is that PHP symlink() is reported to only work under Windows if using ABSOLUTE paths in the symlinks. X3 currently uses RELATIVE paths in symlinks, so that the gallery (and cache) is portable if you move things around on server ... We could change to absolute links for Windows, but then I'm wondering if there will be errors after you move folders on server, because symlinks will be wrong. All in all, I'm thinking perhaps it's best to simply DISABLE symlinks for Windows servers ... I don't think symlinks provide too much benefit anyway.

I will be releasing a new update X3.27.2 tomorrow, and will include some fixes. It would be helpful if you could tell me 1) what errors you see, and 2) your server details and PHP version.

Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Feb 2019, 06:10

pbhq wrote:Symlink is already disabled and I have still a bunch of error messages. That was the reason for commenting out the line ...
Please update to latest release X3.27.2 and let me know if the issue is resolved.

After looking into the issue reported, I have made the following changes:
  • Fixed at bug where X3 was trying to create symlinks even when "use request cache" setting was disabled [screenshot]. This may create errors on Windows-based servers.
  • Request cache is now always disabled on windows-based servers (even if you leave the option enabled). 1) Windows only supports symlinks with absolute paths, and that is unproductive, because it will create errors if you move your X3 directory on server. 2) Windows servers often have problems with "administrative" permissions when creating symlinks. Therefore, since the request cache provides very little benefit in the first place, it is best to simply disable this feature across all windows-based servers. Images will still cache, but symlink() will not be used.

pbhq

09 Feb 2019, 08:20

Hello Karl,
mjau-mjau wrote:Please update to latest release X3.27.2 and let me know if the issue is resolved.
Yes, that looks very good.
mjau-mjau wrote: Request cache is now always disabled on windows-based servers (even if you leave the option enabled).
I would then change the info text at the symlink cache button, too. ;-)
mjau-mjau wrote:  Windows servers often have problems with "administrative" permissions when creating symlinks. 
I would never run a web server with admin rights, such nonsense is probably only by Microsoft ...
mjau-mjau wrote: Images will still cache, but symlink() will not be used.
With the fix, the preview of the pictures has become a little faster again. Thank you!

Best wishes,
Thomas

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

13 Feb 2019, 11:01

X3.27.3
A bunch of non-panorama related fixes. Hopefully final release of the X3.27 branch  :grimacing:
  • Major IPTC re-factoring
    • IPTC will now simply store text as UTF-8, without attempting to decode before storage.  This was making it complicated to detect encoding when reading the data (mixed encoding).
    • mb_convert_encoding($string, 'UTF-8', 'pass') conversion to UTF-8 was creating errors since PHP 7.3.2 [see post]. Instead, we now use @mb_detect_encoding($string, 'UTF-8', true) ? $string : @utf8_encode($string). Ultimately, the stored string should be UTF-8, at least X3 stores as UTF-8, but we can't be sure what encoding is used from 3rd party applications.
    • Custom X3 IPTC fields hidden, reference_date, link_target and sort_index are now checked for integrity, in the obscure case that they may be populated with other non-X3 IPTC "junk" from another application.
  • Screenbox works again.
  • Added tooltips to multiple file action buttons [screenshot]
  • Fixed PHP 5.3 bugs.
  • Fixed a few PHP 7 warnings/bugs.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 Feb 2019, 05:19

X3.27.4  :sunglasses:
  • Fixed topbar menu bug on large iOS devices (iPad Pro etc).
  • Audio player tracks sort alphabetically by default.
  • Panel force UTF-8.
  • Slideshow touch console bug.