Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Limitation viewing direction in Marzipano

03 Jan 2019, 06:31

Ruud de Soet wrote:In PTGui Pro  I make the panorama but sometimes there are no control points in the sky or ground. The result will be a white circle in the upper or lower part of the panorama.
Before anything else, I would be interested to know, have you managed to get this to work with PTGui's own player? If so, I would like to see, and how it deals with non-2:1 images.
Ruud de Soet wrote:The format must be 2: 1 so I can’t crop the panorama. Of course, I can do some actions in Photoshop (like logo)
Yes the format must be 2:1, and no you cannot crop the panorama. You could just extend your panorama on top of a 2:1 canvas with a black background of course, which means there be a few black areas in the panorama, but mostly at top/bottom where people are not looking much.
Ruud de Soet wrote:but I heard that the Marzipano tool has an option to  limit the viewing direction (up/down). This means that we can stop viewing before the upper and lower white circles. If Marzipano has this option it would be nice that X3 will support this.
Yes, in Marzipano I can add code to LIMIT the view to certain degrees up/down, or even entirely block up/down viewing. However, the image format itself must still be 2:1 ratio, so you must still prepare it like this, with some area in black or white. The only thing the view LIMITER does, is block the viewer from being able to pan past certain degrees. Also, even if I provide a setting for viewer limiting in any direction, how do you know how many degrees to block the up/down view at? It will be hard to find a number, and it would be different on different screens also, since mobile screens will have a larger vertical field of view. This doesn't seem productive.

What I can offer, is an option to entirely BLOCK up/down viewing, which should provide a satisfactory result in your case.

GeoPal
Experienced

Re: X3 Panorama Plugin [X3.26.0 Beta]

03 Jan 2019, 06:55

Sometimes blocking up and down views in panoramas is a good feature, because there are still many people who would go down and could not lift the pano up easily thus getting frustrated and closing the panorama...I've seen that a lot. With phones and gyro this might be ok but with mouse or finger you could get stuck. There could be a general tick box for limiting up/down views and maybe with code changing the default limiting angle.

Ruud de Soet
Experienced

03 Jan 2019, 08:00

PTGui player will also display a black circle. 
When I make a panorama shot with the same configuration, 14mm lens, 1 row of 7 photo's 60 degree and 1 row of 7 photo's 120 degree the black circles will be always the same size. I can find and set the correct up/down limits for my website. 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Jan 2019, 08:49

Ok, so I can add an option to block vertical panning (only allowing 360 degrees horizontal panning).

About setting a specific limit, I don't see how this can be done properly. A vertical VIEW will go from [-180 to 180] degrees. If you limit the view to [-90 to 90] degrees, this is the CENTER of the viewer, and depending on the HFOV (horizontal field of view), the visitor would probably still see almost 180 degrees up and down (but they would not be able to pan so that camera looks straight up). Also, since there are different screen aspects (mobile will have higher HFOV), and ZOOM levels, I really don't see how you can set this value. At best, it would be a very rough approximation, which may or may not display some of the "empty" areas.

I a bit hard to explain, but I hope you understand. Basically, you cannot set a "limiter" to the outer top/bottom viewing bounds of the view compared to browser window ... Basically you set a "limiter" to the viewer as if it was a camera, and the limiter value is the CENTER of the view, and the view itself of course is limited by the FOV (field of view). It's not really a logical setting.

Setting the "limiter" to [0 - 0] degrees, effectively locks the camera in 0 degrees, but the visitor, depending on the FOV, will likely still see something like 180 degrees [-90 - 90], which is often the vital parts of the panorama scene.

Ruud de Soet
Experienced

03 Jan 2019, 09:02

Thanks for your detailed explanation and understand the limitations.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

04 Jan 2019, 01:35

Ruud de Soet wrote:Thanks for your detailed explanation and understand the limitations.
I will be adding the vertical limiter option at least in next release. I will consider including options to for the limiter [-PI, PI], but as mentioned, the limiter is the CAMERA (viewer) angle, not the visible areas of the scene, which depend on the zoom and field-of-view also. Do you have a link to the source for your incomplete stitched panorama? If so, I might ask around ...

GeoPal
Experienced

04 Jan 2019, 02:31

Here is an example of limited nadir (bottom) view.
Limited nadir view

it's like telling the pano player to cut/crop the bottom or top of the equirectangular panorama. Like I said could be useful sometimes for several reasons, though I personally use this limitation VERY rarely- for ease of viewing, for not retouching the nadir or zenith, etc... So if you limit the spherical panorama it kind of becomes cylindrical panorama :)
Best,G

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

04 Jan 2019, 05:01

GeoPal wrote: Here is an example of limited nadir (bottom) view.
Limited nadir view

it's like telling the pano player to cut/crop the bottom or top of the equirectangular panorama. Like I said could be useful sometimes for several reasons, though I personally use this limitation VERY rarely- for ease of viewing, for not retouching the nadir or zenith, etc... So if you limit the spherical panorama it kind of becomes cylindrical panorama :)
Yes, although I would say it's more like limiting the camera viewing angle. Looking at your config XML, the values that set this limit are degree-based vmax="74.6292134831461". How you set that value to block a pixel-amount of "dead space" top and bottom would have to be an approximation. In your case, you are using it at the bottom of the photo to block out an area where the camera was. The procedure becomes a bit more pixel-critical for "incomplete" panoramas with missing "patches" both on top and bottom. I will be adding this setting, but my point is, finding the "correct" number to apply here for incomplete panoramas is not an "exact science". Thanks for the link!

GeoPal
Experienced

04 Jan 2019, 05:43

Yes true, I guess it will be trial and error to find the working numbers, but as long as the setup doesn't change once found that number could work "forever" for Ruud.
In the software used you just drag by hand a crop line and verify by eye you are above the desired area to be hidden.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

04 Jan 2019, 05:58

GeoPal wrote:Yes true, I guess it will be trial and error to find the working numbers, but as long as the setup doesn't change once found that number could work "forever" for Ruud.
In the software used you just drag by hand a crop line and verify by eye you are above the desired area to be hidden.
Makes sense. I will do some tests with the vertical limiter ... It might work slightly different than I think.

Might as well throw in a horizontal limiter also while I'm at it ....  :smile: For those who have incomplete panoramas in horizontal direction.

francisco guerrero

07 Jan 2019, 11:20

hola compre tu licencia y queria saber cuando liberaras panorama a los usuarios individuales un saludo

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

08 Jan 2019, 02:55

francisco guerrero wrote:hola compre tu licencia y queria saber cuando liberaras panorama a los usuarios individuales un saludo
Hola francisco El complemento de X3 panorama ya está disponible en X3.26 beta, que ya está disponible y creo que ya lo tiene. X3.27 se lanzará dentro de dos semanas, tiempo en el que también publicaremos más documentación sobre el complemento Panorama. Como se especifica en nuestra página de compra [captura de pantalla], el complemento panorámico X3 está disponible para la licencia X3 PRO, aunque aún puede usar el complemento panorámico para enlaces personalizados (se explica en la publicación original al final). O puede actualizar a X3 Pro por $ 65.00 desde la página de actualización.

¡Estén atentos para el lanzamiento de X3.27.0!

drzylvon
Experienced

09 Jan 2019, 15:45

Congrats on the new release, any rough schedule on next smaller ones ?

edit : and best wishes for 2019 !

greetings,

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 Jan 2019, 00:53

drzylvon wrote:Congrats on the new release, any rough schedule on next smaller ones ?
We didn't officially release X3.26.0 yet, and now I am 80% done with X3.27.0, which will therefore be a combined release within two weeks time. Apart from the Panorama plugin, it's mainly a massive core update with emphasis on gallery-performance. HNY!

drzylvon
Experienced

12 Jan 2019, 13:24

think you can squeeze in the small dev "override audio folder" ?

cheers