Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

hardliner
Experienced

Re: New Release X3.24.0 :fox:

04 Dec 2017, 06:00

Hello Karl,

can i update my sandbox over the Updater? I see the Message all without a valid License can not use the Updater. 
How can i use the Updater. I have for my Productive Website a License. For the Sandbox and Testsystem Website is without a license.

How can fix the Issue?

Regards
Hardliner 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

04 Dec 2017, 09:15

hardliner wrote:can i update my sandbox over the Updater? I see the Message all without a valid License can not use the Updater. 
How can i use the Updater. I have for my Productive Website a License. For the Sandbox and Testsystem Website is without a license.

How can fix the Issue?
We decided to include some benefits for licensed galleries only. Maybe we will allow this again from next release.

The solution is simple though: Simply download x3_updater.php, upload by FTP into your root X3 dir, and run from browser.

$winter

07 Dec 2017, 05:14

the updater works excellent! great! thank you really a timesaving pice of sofware! :clap:

adonismale

11 Dec 2017, 18:47

Congrats on the release!

pierangelobettoni

12 Dec 2017, 12:54

:(  again 

Help Karl
for all galleries
only the preview images
 only the preview images into a the panel

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Dec 2017, 21:45

pierangelobettoni wrote::(  again 

Help Karl
for all galleries
only the preview images
 only the preview images into a the panel
Hi, I checked your website and can't see any problems. Did you fix the issue? Or maybe you edited the code same as before? Do you have a link to any pages with errors? I see this:

Are you still on ARUBA hosting? We actually added a NEW setting to "disable Symlink request cache", which was specifically meant for websites hosted on Aruba. However, until I can see any errors on your website, I see no need to disable symlinks. Maybe they have already fixed the issue on their servers ...

pierangelobettoni

13 Dec 2017, 07:41

Thank you Karl
solved
installed the new php version

osterling

15 Dec 2017, 02:06

Hello. It must be something on my side, but I get this 2 errors when trying to use the x3_installer.php
Notice: Use of undefined constant __DIR__ - assumed '__DIR__' in /mounted-storage/home94c/sub005/sc13306-UHPW/carlososterling.com/port/x3_installer.php on line 197
Notice: Undefined variable: critical in /mounted-storage/home94c/sub005/sc13306-UHPW/carlososterling.com/port/x3_installer.php on line 236
I also tried the upload all files method... but then I get this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /mounted-storage/home94c/sub005/sc13306-UHPW/carlososterling.com/portfolio/app/stacey.inc.php on line 17
I ran out of options, can someone please advice? I recently upgraded from X2 to X3 and my website is down because of this. Thank you!
CarlosOsterling.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

15 Dec 2017, 04:08

osterling wrote:Hello. It must be something on my side, but I get this 2 errors when trying to use the x3_installer.php
Notice: Use of undefined constant __DIR__ - assumed '__DIR__' in /mounted-storage/home94c/sub005/sc13306-UHPW/carlososterling.com/port/x3_installer.php on line 197
Notice: Undefined variable: critical in /mounted-storage/home94c/sub005/sc13306-UHPW/carlososterling.com/port/x3_installer.php on line 236
Hi Carlos. Upgrade your web hosts PHP version! You are using PHP 5.2 or lower, which is almost unbelievable since PHP 5.3 was released more than 10 years ago. Best is to use newest PHP 7 if possible, although X3 requires PHP version 5.3 or higher ...

Good hosts will have an option inside their control panel to choose a PHP version. If not, you will have to contact your host and ask them to update PHP. No professional host will offer only PHP 5.2 without any options to choose a newer PHP version.

osterling wrote:I also tried the upload all files method... but then I get this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /mounted-storage/home94c/sub005/sc13306-UHPW/carlososterling.com/portfolio/app/stacey.inc.php on line 17
I ran out of options, can someone please advice? I recently upgraded from X2 to X3 and my website is down because of this. Thank you!
Will be related to PHP version also!

bixo
Experienced

17 Dec 2017, 05:50

Hi, is it possible to edit the image description (IPTC) within Imagevue now?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

17 Dec 2017, 09:48

bixo wrote:Hi, is it possible to edit the image description (IPTC) within Imagevue now?
Yes. Now, X3 stores title and description in the image as IPTC data. You will also see IPTC captions in the panel (if set from another application).

You could edit titles and descriptions earlier also, but X3 didn't save the info into the image, but in the page.json file. X3 DID however READ IPTC data earlier though, and display in the gallery. For you (the user) there isn't really much practical difference, except now, since the data gets stored in the image, you can move/copy/rename files without loosing any title/description.

bixo
Experienced

17 Dec 2017, 11:57

mjau-mjau wrote:
bixo wrote:Hi, is it possible to edit the image description (IPTC) within Imagevue now?
Yes. Now, X3 stores title and description in the image as IPTC data. You will also see IPTC captions in the panel (if set from another application).

You could edit titles and descriptions earlier also, but X3 didn't save the info into the image, but in the page.json file. X3 DID however READ IPTC data earlier though, and display in the gallery. For you (the user) there isn't really much practical difference, except now, since the data gets stored in the image, you can move/copy/rename files without loosing any title/description.
Thanks, I found the option. I have another issue however. Before the update I could delete an image and upload the same image with updated IPTC data and Imagvue would read the updated IPTC description. This does not work since the update. Is there a setting to switch it to the old behavior or a way to purge the saved IPTC data?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 Dec 2017, 00:33

bixo wrote:Before the update I could delete an image and upload the same image with updated IPTC data and Imagvue would read the updated IPTC description.
In new X3.24 AND previous version, when you SAVE title, it gets stored in the page.json data file. If you delete the image, and upload an image with the same name, it will inherit the title saved from earlier (from page.json). To workaround this, you can either 1) click SAVE in edit mode AFTER you have deleted the image to make sure title/description in page.json gets deleted, or 2) Make sure the NEW image has a NEW name.

What is happening in your case is likely this:
  • You upload an image, and title/description will save in image IPTC and page.json on save. This will happen regardless of if the original data came from IPTC or you added it manually from panel edit mode.
  • You delete the image, but the title/description is still stored in page.json.
  • You upload a new image with new IPTC info.
  • Since data from page.json will precede data from IPTC, you will still see old title/description.
  • When you click SAVE, X3 will in fact overwrite your IPTC with the IPTC currently set in panel (which could be the old one).
Actually, there are three ways to solve this:
  1. After deleting the image, click SAVE in edit mode so that the title/description gets deleted for this image, and will not inherit upon new images uploaded with the same name.
  2. Or you could just empty the title/description in edit mode even BEFORE you delete the image.
  3. Or simply upload new images with incrementing file name, for example "bird3.jpg". Personally I always do this anyway to alleviate cache issues (which could be a separate problem), and there is no disadvantage by this.
I guess X3 should really automatically delete a file's title/description (in page.json) once it gets deleted from the panel. No need to purge any IPTC data though, as this gets purged when you delete the image.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

13 Jan 2018, 12:36

New minor release X3.24.3. See separate post here:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9475

GeoPal
Experienced

27 Jan 2018, 14:22

Hi Karl, 
As I see this is discussed here, do you have any advice or workaround for this:
If then also you could mark multiple folder/gallery assets into one page, You could start to make pretty advanced stuff. Like: have a few galleries. Then a break and some text, then some more galleries, and then some more text.
I am trying to make a journey story and I want to have text, then images/gallery, then text again for the next colation.
Block grid. carousel plugin?! But there will be no popups for bigger images? I have previously inserted several pics after the text and then again, but here it is a longer soty with much more images. That is why I am asking for any ideas, understood it is not easy to program because of the reasons you gave!
Thanks, George