X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

X3.24.0 BETA!

19 Nov 2017, 08:46

Update, Nov 25:
X3.24.0 has officially been released and this beta release topic has been locked.
---

Apologies for the long wait: Major update X3.24.1 is now available for testing! This is a BETA version because of all the logical changes to the X3 core, which need to be tested under various conditions before public non-beta release. Until then, this version is not yet available from the X3 updater (although you could update manually from zip). This is NOT the official release post for X3.24.* (yet), and I will not spend a full day writing about all changes and new features. Instead, I will list major changes and new features, with emphasis on features that should be tested.

So please, if anyone is curious and has time, please install X3.24.1 and give it a test-drive!  :kissing_heart:

Install X3.24.1
  • Download latest x3_installer.php.
  • Upload x3_installer.php into an empty test folder on your web site.
  • Run the installer {yourwebsite.com}/{folder}/x3_installer.php (this part is important to force install of new beta).
If you can't or don't want to use the installer, you can download X3.24.1.zip or X3.24.1.min.zip (no sample pages).

X3.24.* Highlights
As mentioned, I will not go into detail about all new features until the official release. Below is a list of highlights (not in any specific order), which you should keep in mind while testing. I have included a few screenshots when possible.
  • Create new pages without using numbered folders. Instead of "1.foldername" you can simply use "foldername". Unnumbered folder names are no longer HIDDEN!
  • New HIDE button available for both files and folders. Easily show/hide pages and files without having to resort to renaming numbered folders and using  _underscore. Hide buttons are conveniently available in the panel for both files and folders screen1 screen2.
  • New DRAG-AND-DROP custom sort for folders/pages (enabled by default). Simply drag-and-drop pages into order directly from the menu [screen], or from the page gallery tab [screen].
  • New SORT options for folders: name, title, date, shuffle and custom [screen].
  • Massive overhaul to ALL sort-related features in X3, both in the panel, website and backend.
  • New shortcut feature to include title, label and link on "Create new folder" dialog box [screen].
  • New panel image resizer options [screen].
  • New panel "Force URL" setting [screen], to force-redirect X3 app to a single URL (www/ssl) without having to use complex .htaccess rules.
  • New SAVE image data (title, description etc.) as IPTC meta data INSIDE the image. This means that you can MOVE, COPY and RENAME images from the panel without loosing any data associated with the image. The image data is stored INSIDE the image as IPTC meta data.
  • New auto-image orientation settings for uploaded images [screen].
  • New optional panel WYSIWIG editor (BETA) [screen].
  • Panel page > content editor > insert image [screen1] [screen2] with dynamic support for images in editor preview mode.
  • MAJOR cleanup and re-organization of settings and page settings, especially folders and gallery settings.
  • All Gallery POPUP settings can now be applied on a per-gallery basis [screen]. Default popup settings are still inherited from main settings > popup.
  • New settings > Advanced > "Prevent search engines from indexing image pages" (SEO crawling) [screen].
  • New convenient download button available for the X3 popup [screen], can be applied globally and/or from a per-page basis from page gallery settings.
  • Some improved panel design [screen].
  • New EU Cookie Consent plugin [screen1] [screen2]
  • Immediate preview image load on Facebook when sharing.
  • Video-intro plugin support for mobile devices.
  • Audio player autoplay for mobile devices (hack, but works).
  • TONS MORE++ which I will post in official release hopefully in less than a week!

alexhenes
Experienced

Re: X3.24.0 BETA!

19 Nov 2017, 12:16

With the new 'Hide' button do we need to go back and rename all of the numbered folders we already have?
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Nov 2017, 00:46

alexhenes wrote:With the new 'Hide' button do we need to go back and rename all of the numbered folders we already have?
No. Numbered folders are still a perfectly legitimate method to create folders pre-sorted in the order assigned from the name.

You will have to HIDE your current unnumbered folders though, although the X3 UPDATER will do this for you.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Nov 2017, 08:33

I have now fixed the x3_updater.php script so it performs a couple of upgrade tasks when updating the X3.24.1. All tests indicate it is safe to update to new X3.24.1, although it might be a good idea to wait for public release (available from X3 control panel shortly), unless you are dying to get your hands on the new features.

Updating to X3.24.1
  1. Download latest x3_updater.php.
  2. Upload the x3_updater.php into your X3 directory.
  3. Run the updater from browser {yourX3website.com}/x3_updater.php (this part is important to force update of new beta).
PS! I aim to have a video tutorial available to showcase changes and new features in X3.24. 

---
Nov 23, EDIT:
You can now update to X3.24.1 from Panel > Tools > X3 Updates.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

23 Nov 2017, 07:22

X3.24.1 released!
After a few days of testing and a few minor fixes, we have now released X3.24.1 public.

Websites updated to X3.24.1:
https://demo.photo.gallery/
https://demo.photo.gallery/panel/ Try the updated panel!
https://mjau-mjau.com

Update options (choose one):
  • Navigate to X3 Panel > Tools > X3 Updates (you may need to disable adblock plugin). :star: Recommended
  • OR Download x3_updater.php, upload to your X3 dir, and access in browser {URL}/x3_updater.php
  • OR Download X3.latest.update.zip and update files manually by FTP. * If you use this option, you will need to manually hide your unnumbered folders by clicking "hide" button in panel after updating.

illunis
Experienced

23 Nov 2017, 07:38

Thanks ...updated through the panel...all OK  :thumbsup:

EDIT::  LOVING the new sorting.... !!!

andreamarucci
Experienced

23 Nov 2017, 07:54

Updated and everything went fine!

EHRETic
Experienced

24 Nov 2017, 03:50

Hi,

Worked like a charm on my dev site, I'll run through all the updates before migrating the prod.

I had a quick look but I did not find the Mailchimp plugin we were speaking about a while ago. Do you confirm you didn't had time to integrate it ?

No pb but just to be sure I'm not looking all over the place for nothing...  :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 Nov 2017, 05:26

EHRETic wrote:I had a quick look but I did not find the Mailchimp plugin we were speaking about a while ago. Do you confirm you didn't had time to integrate it ?
Unfortunately that is not a feature in new X3.24.0, which almost entirely focuses on core improvements. I will post an official release post tonight.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Nov 2017, 10:38

Update, Nov 25:
X3.24.0 has officially been released and this beta release topic has been locked.
---