Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: x3_installer.php + X3.23.0 BETA

30 May 2017, 09:21

andreamarucci wrote:Since I'm using a CDN with my gallery I don't want any cache related problem so I'll wait until I've your OK to upgrade. 
Probably a good idea to wait until this minor annoyance is chiseled out.

andreamarucci
Experienced

01 Jun 2017, 03:39

Karl, I've seen that you've modified the installer recently. Do you think that all the problems are sorted out and I can upgrade safely?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

01 Jun 2017, 07:36

andreamarucci wrote:Karl, I've seen that you've modified the installer recently. Do you think that all the problems are sorted out and I can upgrade safely?
I would just wait a bit longer ... Im finalizing new X3.23.0 here, and will try to failsafe the image-cache issue in combination with new updater script. 

andreamarucci
Experienced

01 Jun 2017, 11:35

Awesome work as usual :-D

masquefotos
Experienced

03 Jun 2017, 04:26

How can I get back to x3.22? Update and at the time of making changes you can not see the new folders. Any solution? Thank you

GGANG
Experienced

03 Jun 2017, 10:00

@masquefotos 
You can delete X3 core files and folders except config and content folder.
and then upload v0.22.5 without config and content folder. 
Did you keep the previous version on your PC?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Jun 2017, 10:02

masquefotos wrote:How can I get back to x3.22? Update and at the time of making changes you can not see the new folders. Any solution? Thank you
What's the link? I checked your website X3.23.0 a few days ago, and it was working.

Update will be out tomorrow with fixes. The reported problems were related to attempts to MOVE symlinks for image _cache, and issues about how PHP reads symlinks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

04 Jun 2017, 10:03

Hi folks of this thread. We released a new version of X3.23.0 yesterday. We didn't bump the version number since the original post, because of practical reasons. We also released a new x3_updater.php script. From today, we will start rolling out new X3.23.0 in combination with the new x3_updater, and there should be a public post shortly. Here are some details for those of you who have been following this post, and updated their X3 website already (or not).

www.photo.gallery + x3_updater success
For reference, I already used the new updater script to successfully update our website at https://www.photo.gallery

X3 Updater / x3_updater.php
Download x3_updater.php from the link below, which is the new persistent link for the X3 updater. When you have installed latest X3.23.0, you won't even need this link, because the panel has a new section Tools > X3 Updates, which automatically downloads latest updater script.
https://www.photo.gallery/download/?x3_updater
  • Download x3_updater.php (same link as above).
  • Upload into your X3 directory.
  • Run the script from browser {your_x3_website_url}/x3_updater.php.
  • Make sure to run {your_x3_website_url}/?diagnostics after the update process!
I already updated. Can I update again?
Yes. In fact we recommend it. If you already upgraded to X3.23.0, you will likely see a message "You are already using latest version", in which case just click "proceed" to overwrite your previous upgrade.

I (still) got errors on images.
This is highly unlikely, although it could be something stuck from your previous update. If so, the "final solution" would be to delete all files inside /_cache/images/request/* and /_cache/images/rendered/*. If you are having ANY problems, contact me here or even on chat, and I will help sort it out. I'm interested to hear feedback about the update process.

Downloads
In parallel with new X3.23.0 release, we are updating our downloads structure and making download links public. With the new  x3_installer and x3_updater, you shouldn't ever need to manually download X3 ZIP files any more. However, some servers may struggle with the updater/installer if there are permission-issues, while some simply prefer to do things manually by FTP.
PS! The installer and updater scripts also download ZIP files, but not the same links as above. The installer and updater scripts require the zip files to be created without a parent /x3 directory, and therefore have separate links like *X3.latest.update.flat.zip*. You should never be downloading *.flat.* zip files for anything, unless you are downloading ZIP files specifically to be used for the X3 installer or updater.

illunis
Experienced

04 Jun 2017, 14:17

Hi there,
update process worked fine.

The script worked but

failed to remove itself, the zip file and also did not delete the /app/_cache directory. Should i delete it manually as suggested?

https://aperture.gr/?diagnostics

Regards,
iLLUNiS

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

04 Jun 2017, 14:26

illunis wrote:update process worked fine.
Nice  :thumbsup:
illunis wrote:The script worked but failed to remove itself, the zip file
I'm surprised your server managed to WRITE the zip file, but not delete it afterwards. You have a link to your website? I would like to check diagnostics.

In any case this is NO problem at all ... Just delete x3_updater.php and the zip file by FTP. The reason we delete them, is because these files are not used after update, and it's good practice to remove them. Even if they remain on server, they are harmless ...
illunis wrote:and also did not delete the /app/_cache directory. Should i delete it manually as suggested?
This is expected. The problem with PHP, is that it fails to delete (unlink) symlinks in your old /app/_cache directory, if they point to files that don't exist.

YES, you should delete the old /app/_cache folder by FTP. However, it is harmless even if you don't delete it.

:thumbsup:

illunis
Experienced

04 Jun 2017, 14:30

Thanks a lot Karl,

should i delete the whole /app directory or only the /app/_cache?

I have disabled diagnostics but i can enable it again if you want to have a look

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

04 Jun 2017, 14:36

illunis wrote:should i delete the whole /app directory or only the /app/_cache?
ONLY /app/_cache!!! Not the /app/ directory itself!

/app/_cache is not used in latest X3.23+. New /_cache folder is in root.
illunis wrote:I have disabled diagnostics but i can enable it again if you want to have a look
No need. Got a link?

illunis
Experienced

04 Jun 2017, 14:40

mjau-mjau wrote:
illunis wrote:should i delete the whole /app directory or only the /app/_cache?
ONLY /app/_cache!!! Not the /app/ directory itself!

/app/_cache is not used in latest X3.23+. New /_cache folder is in root.
illunis wrote:I have disabled diagnostics but i can enable it again if you want to have a look
No need. Got a link?
I thought it would not be right to delete the whole but had to ask :)

link

https://aperture.gr/?diagnostics

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

04 Jun 2017, 14:57

I see "Suhosin detected!", which probably prevented deleting the zip and installer script somehow.

The website seems to work nicely.

You didn't proceed to diagnostics after the update process? I noticed a few _cache folders were created when I clicked the link now.

illunis
Experienced

04 Jun 2017, 15:00

mjau-mjau wrote:
I see "Suhosin detected!", which probably prevented deleting the zip and installer script somehow.

The website seems to work nicely.

You didn't proceed to diagnostics after the update process? I noticed a few _cache folders were created when I clicked the link now.
I proceeded and all worked. You see cache folders being re-created cause i deleted everything since there is a strange problem now appearing. It looks like it is ignoring the preview.jpg i am suing and in turn it keeps on using whatever image finds available.
I have refreshed / purged cache and also the cache from Cloudflare but it is the same
You can see the "problem" if u click on UK - England. The folders inside should be showing a curtain image as a preview but instead they inherit the image that is used by the England main folder.