Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: x3_installer.php + X3.23.0 BETA

29 May 2017, 00:32

Hmm, something with migration of image cache symlinks. Did you guys see any messages about "migration of symlinks" in the update process? You have old image cache links.

Anyone have FTP for me? I will fix, and try to find the problem at the same time.
GGANG wrote:After update  :innocent:
There are new settings for text-alignment, which you can find in "context" module. We don't center custom header-tags in the center anymore, unless you choose that setting specifically (for page or globally). It's bad practice to have headers always centered, because they should be aligned to the text for easy readability.

The red arrows in pointing to the image I am not sure. Never seen this layout combination before, with "cards" and vertical split.

Symlink error yes, I will take a look.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

29 May 2017, 01:19

Been checking websites of @marco963 and @masquefotos, and can't see any image errors. @GGANG: Do you have a link to the website where your screenshot is from? Both websites seem successfully updated to X3.23.0:
http://marcobrivio.photo/
http://www.jcarloscruz.com/

What I suspect ...
I been looking into the issue, and can't find any technical flaws. What I suspect you are experiencing, is that your server is caching image SYMLINK requests by filename. After updating, _cache is moved, yet your server has cached requests to old image render locations. After a while, servers symlink cache is purged and gets corrected.

I am pretty SURE this is the root of the problem, but it should be temporary.

marco963
Experienced

29 May 2017, 03:18

The problem I experienced (slir.class.php file) has been solved, it was probably due to server caching.
Now everything is fine

andreamarucci
Experienced

29 May 2017, 07:33

Ok I think I'll wait for these problems to be fixed before updating :-)

masquefotos
Experienced

29 May 2017, 08:32

I'm still the same  :sob:

andreamarucci
Experienced

29 May 2017, 09:49

masquefotos wrote:I'm still the same  :sob:
I've visited your site and for me everything is working fine. I don't see any error so maybe the cache idea is correct.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

29 May 2017, 10:40

masquefotos wrote:I'm still the same  :sob:
Me neither. What page do you see the errors?

Anyway, there are some small issues I need to sort out before anyone else should proceed. It's related to MOVING image cache from /app/_cache/ to new /_cache/ in root. I could have just ignored OLD _cache, but I want to try to move the _cache folder so that all images don't need to get recreated. The annoying thing with caching, is that things get "cached" ... on server, in browser, and sometimes on CDN, so can be tough to diagnose.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

29 May 2017, 10:43

Problem is, some of you are also using Cloudflare, which may be caching the error images, even if the error was temporary.

masquefotos
Experienced

29 May 2017, 11:17

Yes, I use cloudflare, I see it on several computers the same, even on the phone.

Examples:https://www.jcarloscruz.com/galerias/bebes/ 
https://www.jcarloscruz.com/galerias/infantil/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

29 May 2017, 11:47

masquefotos wrote:Yes, I use cloudflare, I see it on several computers the same, even on the phone.
That is expected, and just shows that it's Cloudflare-related. Since you are using the different computers and phones from the SAME geographical location, your devices will ALL be served by the SAME Cloudflare CDN server, which have cached some incorrect image outputs.
These pages work fine here:

I suggest you go to Cloudflare > Cache > Flush Everything. It might not work immediately, but should do the trick. Please can you notify me when you have proceeded, and if it works for you.

I am curious: Do you have Cloudflare user/pass enabled in your X3 panel? I am guessing yes. However, you have not set any Page rules in cloudflare to "cache all", correct? There are several benefits in new X3.23.0 in regards to Cloudflare, but I would like to fix all issues before going into detail.

The main problem is still something caused temporarily after X3 update, which I would like to figure out properly. The problem however multiplies when a CDN like Cloudflare is used.

masquefotos
Experienced

29 May 2017, 13:01

mjau-mjau wrote: I suggest you go to Cloudflare > Cache > Flush Everything. It might not work immediately, but should do the trick. Please can you notify me when you have proceeded, and if it works for you.

I am curious: Do you have Cloudflare user/pass enabled in your X3 panel? I am guessing yes. However, you have not set any Page rules in cloudflare to "cache all", correct? There are several benefits in new X3.23.0 in regards to Cloudflare, but I would like to fix all issues before going into detail.

The main problem is still something caused temporarily after X3 update, which I would like to figure out properly. The problem however multiplies when a CDN like Cloudflare is used.
Fixed, the problem was in the cloudflare cache and also in the chrome cache
Muchísimas gracias

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

29 May 2017, 14:03

masquefotos wrote:Fixed, the problem was in the cloudflare cache and also in the chrome cache
Nice :thumbsup: Now I need to figure out this issue to prevent it from occurring before public release.

Please check for me ...  :clap:
Anyone that already updated to X3.23.0 (with the x3_updater), can you please let me know the following:
  • By FTP, can you navigate into /app/ folder and see if there is a folder /app/_cache/? I guess no.
  • Can you then navigate into new root /_cache/images/request/ folder, and check if you have files there with dates from both BEFORE and AFTER the update was made?
  • Can you download 1-2 of the files inside /_cache/images/request/ and send to me? Preferably an older one, before the update was made.
* Personal technical notes:

The above can help me figure out why the temporary image cache issue is occurring  :thinking:. It's a bit mysterious to be honest, but I have a few suspects :
  • If an image request is made WHILE the update process is running, it could lead to the error a few of you had, because new /_cache/ folder might not exist yet. I find this a bit strange though, since the unpack/cleanup process only takes a few seconds, and I wouldn't expect all of your websites to get image requests in that minimal time period.
  • Another reasons could be if the old /app/_cache/ failed to copy to new root /_cache/ location. However, I cannot see that this has failed for any of you ... Even if it did, you would be notified from diagnostics page, and it would auto-create new _cache/* folders.
  • Something related to Apache server symlink caching [ref], which could cause image symlinks (/_cache/images/request/*) to temporarily link to incorrect location. First I thought this was the issue, but now I doubt it because the specific error message does not really support this theory.

masquefotos
Experienced

29 May 2017, 15:47

mjau-mjau wrote:
  • By FTP, can you navigate into /app/ folder and see if there is a folder /app/_cache/? I guess no.
no, there is not
I sent him a private message

andreamarucci
Experienced

30 May 2017, 09:08

Since I'm using a CDN with my gallery I don't want any cache related problem so I'll wait until I've your OK to upgrade. 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

30 May 2017, 09:20

masquefotos wrote:no, there is not
That would be correct. It means the directory was successfully moved.