Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

EHRETic
Experienced

Re: X3 Release [0.22] :tiger2:

22 May 2017, 05:54

mjau-mjau wrote:X3.23.0 is right round the corner ... Next week!
I'm in the starting blocks... :yum:

EHRETic
Experienced

22 May 2017, 05:57

ccris6 wrote:Karl... what about a more comfortable and easy blog section?
Well, it could be possible use a model or a script, a sorting by date ascending, a minimum or any construction of folder for every news...?
This could open and improve a lot!
Thanks!
Don't know if possible (also this is more in the feature request section) but a possibility to assign tags to blog posts and filter by tag (list of the tags would be at the start of the blog page)

My blog section has now many items since started it. Sometimes it is a bit annoying to scroll down. Adding sub folders for archiving may not be thee right solution as it would change the URL.

Don't know how are the other doing... if you can explain ! :wink:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

22 May 2017, 10:29

EHRETic wrote:Don't know if possible (also this is more in the feature request section) but a possibility to assign tags to blog posts and filter by tag (list of the tags would be at the start of the blog page)
We are definitely interested in a filter feature (for both folders and galleries modules), where visitor can narrow down a listing by clicking filters. Not 100% sure how you would apply this functionally to a blog though, but should be possible.

Wordpress blog uses "tags", but that's a slightly different concept, more like posts spread around in multiple categories. Personally, I have never used these "tags" when I visit a blog ... I might be interested in latest posts, or perhaps a specific post, but I have no need to "browse by tags" ... In regards to X3, this is not something we will be doing anyway, since X3 is not primarily a blog application (like Wordpress). Pages are stored in a structure-format (folders), which defines the logical category structure, instead of cross-referencing in multiple categories and tags like Wordpress.

We want to offer simple but nice blog functionality for X3.
EHRETic wrote:My blog section has now many items since started it. Sometimes it is a bit annoying to scroll down. Adding sub folders for archiving may not be thee right solution as it would change the URL.
Alongside filters, one might perhaps desire a live search-filter feature, which filters posts based on user-input.

Ultimately, I guess you are facing a logical decision. If you split posts into categories, things can get more complicated. Sometimes, long scroll isn't that bad ... After all, old posts are all at the bottom, but visitor can scroll to them if they are interested.

ccris6

23 May 2017, 08:25

But how auto sort posts by date? a dinamic variable instead of the numbers before the name of the folder?? 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

23 May 2017, 10:09

ccris6 wrote:But how auto sort posts by date? a dinamic variable instead of the numbers before the name of the folder?? 
Good point. I will add DATE-sorting to folders module for next release (not the one coming this week).

For now, as I do at mjau-mjau.com/blog/, I simply create new posts with new number, and use "REVERSE" sorting for the folder:
Code
/blog/
-- 1.first-post/
-- 2.second-post/
-- 3.newest-post-largest-number/

EHRETic
Experienced

02 Jun 2017, 06:46

mjau-mjau wrote:For now, as I do at mjau-mjau.com/blog/, I simply create new posts with new number, and use "REVERSE" sorting for the folder:
Code
/blog/
-- 1.first-post/
-- 2.second-post/
-- 3.newest-post-largest-number/
I'm using folders written like that : YYYYMMDD.FOLDERNAME and the sorting reversed (so the latest will always be at the top).
Example : 20170601.mygallery
Fits the needs ! :wink:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Nov 2017, 10:49

ccris6 wrote:But how auto sort posts by date? a dinamic variable instead of the numbers before the name of the folder??
EHRETic wrote:I'm using folders written like that : YYYYMMDD.FOLDERNAME and the sorting reversed (so the latest will always be at the top).
Latest release X3.24.0 now has an option to specifically sort folders by DATE (regardless of name).
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9445

EHRETic
Experienced

28 Nov 2017, 09:10

mjau-mjau wrote:Latest release X3.24.0 now has an option to specifically sort folders by DATE (regardless of name).
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9445
It's nice, but I won't change my system now than I have more than 100 posts !  :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: