Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

$winter

Re: X3 Release [0.21] :musical_note:

22 Nov 2016, 18:37

hi 
Is therean option how to customize the toolbar in size?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

23 Nov 2016, 00:04

$winter wrote:Is there an option how to customize the toolbar in size?
Settings -> custom -> custom CSS:
Code
#x3_plugin_buttons > button {
  font-size: 1.2em;
}
Button size will increase proportionally.

localhost
Experienced

24 Nov 2016, 22:05

Boi you are awesome Karl.... one of the best update I'm looking forward to have.

Check it out: http://cheekybooth.com.au/contact/ (FORM) | http://cheekybooth.com.au/faq/ (SHOW MORE)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 Nov 2016, 22:29

localhost wrote:Boi you are awesome Karl.... one of the best update I'm looking forward to have.

Check it out: http://cheekybooth.com.au/contact/ (FORM) | http://cheekybooth.com.au/faq/ (SHOW MORE)
Wow :sunglasses: perfect usage examples of new features!

masquefotos
Experienced

25 Nov 2016, 03:13

Good morning
I was looking forward to updating the contact form to add the phone field, but this field is not mandatory and can be left without padding, is there any form that is a required field? And force you to put a phone number?
Gracias

$winter

25 Nov 2016, 04:00

mjau-mjau wrote:
$winter wrote:Is there an option how to customize the toolbar in size?
Settings -> custom -> custom CSS:
Code
#x3_plugin_buttons > button {
  font-size: 1.2em;
}
Button size will increase proportionally.
Imagex3.projectphoto.1 by Stephan Winter, on Flickr

Thanks! and how can i adjust the share menu? 
stephan

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Nov 2016, 04:09

masquefotos wrote:I was looking forward to updating the contact form to add the phone field, but this field is not mandatory and can be left without padding, is there any form that is a required field? And force you to put a phone number?
Use the required attribute for the form element:
Code
<input type="tel" name="Phone Number" placeholder="Phone number" required>

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Nov 2016, 04:11

$winter wrote:Thanks! and how can i adjust the share menu? 
Not currently a simple process. We will likely move SHARE to the new plugins toolbar soon anyway ...

masquefotos
Experienced

04 Dec 2016, 13:52

mjau-mjau wrote:
masquefotos wrote:I was looking forward to updating the contact form to add the phone field, but this field is not mandatory and can be left without padding, is there any form that is a required field? And force you to put a phone number?
Use the required attribute for the form element:
Code
<input type="tel" name="Phone Number" placeholder="Phone number" required>
And can be forced to put 9 figures for example?
Gracias

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

05 Dec 2016, 02:30

masquefotos wrote:And can be forced to put 9 figures for example?
You can use the pattern attribute. See discussion here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1028 ... e-in-html5

drzylvon
Experienced

08 Dec 2016, 06:27

Hello Karl, 

I'm definitely happy about the first step in the music player. I started playing around the beta again after many months. The work you have done is immense. 

Though I wish to suggest minor tweaks : 
1- UI : 
I find the double click to skip a bit quirky to use : nothing hints at it -you have to know about it- and it's basically "overriding" the pause action. I wish to suggest that perhaps the button could expand on mouse over with two actions : pause and next ?  (edit : to be totally honest, I think displaying the "current title" somehow would be good in that "expanded mode" ?)
Perhaps but that's total nitpicking :-), I'd replace the "sound on" icon with something more "music" explicit, like the icon on that post title?

2- folder override
The old player had that. If one photo folder contained an mp3 file, it would play that file instead. Here, I'd like the same logic, being able to play one or more "local songs". 

Thanks, 
Attachments
suggest.png
suggest.png (60.63 KiB) Viewed 17669 times

$winter

08 Dec 2016, 07:05

hi Karl

I've also probably something that is easy to realize. I've running 2 instances of X3, and in the admin menu it's difficult every time to see on which instance you are, so it would be nice, if we had an option for a backgrounds color that you can easy make a separation between different instances.

regards

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Dec 2016, 02:32

drzylvon wrote:1- UI : 
I find the double click to skip a bit quirky to use : nothing hints at it -you have to know about it- and it's basically "overriding" the pause action.
The "double click" feature is not something implemented as a feature expected to be known by general website visitors, and is just a "bonus" feature. I don't see how it overrides the pause-action ... You want to "pause", you click once.
drzylvon wrote:I wish to suggest that perhaps the button could expand on mouse over with two actions : pause and next ?  (edit : to be totally honest, I think displaying the "current title" somehow would be good in that "expanded mode" ?)
We will likely expand with some features like this in a future release, because we can. Although I am generally opposed to the idea of a full audio player ... what makes you think the visitor has any interest in seeing what track is playing, or navigating between tracks? If they want to listen to their own choice of music, then Im sure they wouldn't listen to the music coming from a website in the first place. It is also an important design-focus to keep things as simple and distraction-free as possible. But likely we will add some options soon ...
drzylvon wrote:Perhaps but that's total nitpicking :-), I'd replace the "sound on" icon with something more "music" explicit, like the icon on that post title?
I can't say I agree. The "sound" icon is globally recognized in websites for sound control, and the musical-note feels too cartoon-like ...
drzylvon wrote:The old player had that. If one photo folder contained an mp3 file, it would play that file instead. Here, I'd like the same logic, being able to play one or more "local songs".
Noted. Will be considered in the future. Personally, as an experienced UX web designer, I am against this kind of behavior, as it makes too many assumptions about the visitor, and hi-jacks their browser. Modern websites don't use audio much these days, because it is scientifically proven that most visitors will look for the "stop" button first thing.

drzylvon
Experienced

09 Dec 2016, 04:44

mjau-mjau wrote:
drzylvon wrote:1- UI : 
I find the double click to skip a bit quirky to use : nothing hints at it -you have to know about it- and it's basically "overriding" the pause action.
The "double click" feature is not something implemented as a feature expected to be known by general website visitors, and is just a "bonus" feature. I don't see how it overrides the pause-action ... You want to "pause", you click once.
drzylvon wrote:I wish to suggest that perhaps the button could expand on mouse over with two actions : pause and next ?  (edit : to be totally honest, I think displaying the "current title" somehow would be good in that "expanded mode" ?)
We will likely expand with some features like this in a future release, because we can. Although I am generally opposed to the idea of a full audio player ... what makes you think the visitor has any interest in seeing what track is playing, or navigating between tracks? If they want to listen to their own choice of music, then Im sure they wouldn't listen to the music coming from a website in the first place. It is also an important design-focus to keep things as simple and distraction-free as possible. But likely we will add some options soon ...
drzylvon wrote:Perhaps but that's total nitpicking :-), I'd replace the "sound on" icon with something more "music" explicit, like the icon on that post title?
I can't say I agree. The "sound" icon is globally recognized in websites for sound control, and the musical-note feels too cartoon-like ...
drzylvon wrote:The old player had that. If one photo folder contained an mp3 file, it would play that file instead. Here, I'd like the same logic, being able to play one or more "local songs".
Noted. Will be considered in the future. Personally, as an experienced UX web designer, I am against this kind of behavior, as it makes too many assumptions about the visitor, and hi-jacks their browser. Modern websites don't use audio much these days, because it is scientifically proven that most visitors will look for the "stop" button first thing.
*By double click I meant mostly that's a hidden feature and that zone is expected to be exclusively for "on / off".  I think we understand each other here. 
*For people wanting to know which songs or to skip songs - again, I speak of personal experience. I agree they aren't major issues. 
*I changed my mind on the icon, I agree with you. 
"Scientifically proven", we've been here before :-)... Generalization, mis-identification of the target group, ... I've read articles too and it still doesn't matter (if anything, there are many trends appearing all the time, and as always in IT, there are so many schools of thoughts...all radical) Intent and decisions is in the hands of the website owner. And you have made your platform so flexible and rich (including the video page), exactly to empower the largest group of people possible. At least this is how I see your X3. Rich, with unlimited customization. 
I can describe my target group : friends and family. No "generic" clients. I do not spread my galleries around on the web to strangers. I don't mind if they find it but they aren't my target. As things happen to be with friends, they often share tastes or are receptive to suggestions in many things, including music. So my audience has commented positively on the music and are coming back to it every now and then. 
Mind you, let it be said that I'm very happy with the player introduction and your confirmation of further development on it. I'll be testing further now before upgrading my license ! 
all the best, 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Dec 2016, 05:51

Sure  :sunglasses: Although some requests for extended features are "questionable", there is no reason to not consider them, as long as they are "optional", and do not negatively affect existing UI designs of a feature. It has to be said, some website owners (with emphasis on "some"), need to be guided and often limited in certain options, so the resulting website is kept within reasonable parameters of what is considered good website anno 2016. I am certainly not the one to decide what is wrong or right, but I wouldn't be able to launch X3 if I didn't make some decisions.

So keep the requests coming! My responses are often direct, and quite subjective, but I always listen.