Hot on the heels of X3 Release [0.19], we are following up with new X3 Release [0.20]. This is basically a maintenance-release, apart from TWO new substantial features (see highlights), which some of you may find interesting.
Nothing much new, but you might want to check out the new Fotomoto demo.
- Download from same link as before, either x3.latest.zip or x3.latest.nocontent.zip. It is recommended to download the "nocontent" version if you are upgrading, as this does not contain all the sample content.
- Unpack the downloaded Zip file.
- Upload everything EXCEPT /content/ and /config/, overwriting existing files.
- Fotomoto Plugin
Added native support in X3 for the Fotomoto print-on-demand e-commerce service, which some of you may be familiar with from Imagevue X2. Check out new X3 Fotomoto demo1 and demo2, or head on over to www.fotomoto.com to read all about it. To use, simply sign up for an account at Fotomoto, and enable the X3 plugin under Settings › Plugins › Fotomoto. PS! Prices and products are managed from your Fotomoto Dashboard.
- Improved 3D Logo Effect
The interactive 3D text logo in X3 now supports single words, multiple words (yes more than two) and a new "synch" setting for a smoother appearance.
- Improved and optimized x3-popup.
- Added x3-popup as image link target option. Useful for showing youtube videos from image links.
- Removed ugly image-hover on image-landing page.
- Improved links hover effect.
- Improved colors for links in alert-boxes with colored backgrounds.
- Fixed alert-box close-button sample code in sample content.
- Diagnostics now checks if .htaccess is supported.
- Fixed a bug where Youtube videos in x3-popup could continue to play in the background after being closed.
- Fixed x3-popup to also work when "preview" is disabled in gallery items.
- Fixed a bug where menu could fail to display on ultra high-res, dual-orientation touch-devices (eg. iPad pro) in landscape mode.
- Removed "options -indexes" from .htaccess, as it creates errors on some servers. This should be set by default on your server!
- Fixed bug when uploading images if panel has been renamed to something else than "panel".
- Diagnostics added fix for corrupted session_paths [forum]
- Fixed error in diagnostics that occurred on old PHP 5.3/5.4 servers.